HELP- Exercise calories

Options
mettfam
mettfam Posts: 21 Member
Okay I eat around (1200cals) a day - every where I go says this much. I know people will think to low. My question is do you eat your exercise calories back? I do not. I need to lose at least 23 more lbs.

I do anywhere from 500-900 exercise cals a day!

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    with 1200 and that much exercise I think you should be eating at least half back or more.

but if you're not hungry then you dont have to
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed for you to eat your exercise calories back.

If you're not confident that your calorie burn is accurate, eat half.
  • mettfam
    Options
    Thanks for the help!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories back, either. But if you feel hungry I think you should eat at least half of yours.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat back all my exercise calories.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    yes eat them...at least eat some of them
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you're burning between 500-900 a day then you definitely need to eat your exercise cals back, particularly if you're only eating 1200 a day to start off with. Otherwise you're seriously under fueling your body and you'll start to have all sorts of issues from that.
  • mettfam
    Options
    Hmmm maybe that's my problem. I lose .8 one day the next I actually gain .1-.3. It drives me insane I hate seeing a gain especially when I'm so strict. No cheating at all. I want this so bad!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    depends on the day for me,,I LOVE long distance cardio,,biking 20 miles a day,hiking for 2-3 hours, things like that..so on days I do a 20 mile bike ride and 2 hours of tae kwon do,,I eat about 1000 exercise calories back,on top of my 1700 maint calories..if I dont I will be starved the next day and make bad choices.But on days I dont have TKD ( that class is twice a week) I dont bother eating them back.