Just looking for friends/support/motivation

Options
My name is Katie, I'm 38 years old, and live in central Florida on the east coast. Just came back to MFP a few weeks ago and I'm looking to get friends in order to get encouragement and give encouragement.

Replies

• a10in2010
    Options
    Me too! Just started again. Need to lose 50 lbs- 42 years old-Oklahoma City - would love to get more friends for encouragement :)
  • mandmwindhorst
    Options
    I need to lose 30 lbs and make a healthy lifestyle a habit. I would love some extra encouragement and will pass some along too.
  • November1954
    November1954 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just came back also. I'm from NH, 59 years old,would like to lose 15 lbs. As I've gotten older, my motivation seems to be gone, plus it is more difficult to lose the weight. Hopefully finding new friends will help with the motivation I need.
  • bethinela
    bethinela Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too could use some support, I think. I'm usually kind of a loner, and very embarrased about my weight and my struggle to get it down. I'm 45 and live in freezing cold Ohio. I started MFP last year, but stopped pretty quickly. I would like to lose 45-50 lbs. And I want to be fit. I hate feeling tired, and having pains in my body from being overweight and unfit. I am starting slowly by logging my food - which I HATE to do, and walking on my very old incline treadmill, and I walk the dog outside when I can. The only time I ever lost any weight was when I was on weight watchers, which I can no longer afford. So I thought I'd commit to log my food on my own, and maybe the social aspect here can help. I think encouraging others can help me not be so hard on myself as well.
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 35, need to lose 30-35 pounds. I just got back into this, and desperately need some motivation and friendship :)
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me =)
  • LoMadd0406
    LoMadd0406 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation too!! I have started eating healthy and using MFP again! I am excited to get going again but I know I need lots of motivation and support so that I can stay on this path, and I will give motivation and support to those who need it! I am 36 and I have 50-100lbs and I am striving to finally be sucessful this year:) Feel free to add me :)
  • melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • DJBootyBean
    DJBootyBean Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for support too! All are more than welcome to add me :D
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm also 38 years old (for 18 more days). I am a stay at home mom and have about 55 more pounds to lose. My diary is open as well.
  • jenbob555
    jenbob555 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I definitely could use some people to kick my butt into sticking with it this time :)
  • JohnsElan
    Options
    Add me too! I got 70 lbs to lose and I know I can't do it alone!
  • jaclynkay92
    jaclynkay92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    everyone Feel Free To Add Me :)
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    feel free to add me too ! :D
  • harbin519
    harbin519 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 36, have 70 lbs to lose and I'm really struggling to be motivated. I've been at this for so long it's hard to get excited about it anymore! Feel free to add me-I'd love the support!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You can't see me, but I am cheering and shaking pom pons for you. WOO HOO----LETS GIT ER DONE!!!
  • dashondafloodrojas
    Options
    Feel free to add me I need all the support I can get. I've been really down in myself lately and gained a few extra pounds I need to lose anywhere from 20 to 30 pounds. :)
  • synthapd
    Options
    I would like to encourage and I need encouragement as well.
  • pfpbalazs
    pfpbalazs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also just recently came back to myfitnesspal. I would like to lose 15-20 pounds, and stay active over these winter months. I recently started taking a blood pressure med, (very disturbing to me!!!)--and that has me extra motivated to stay healthy & fit.!! I welcome all the inspiration and motivation I can get!! I will also try to be a good fitness pal! :-)
  • roberthill46
    roberthill46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would love some motivation as well I have 10 more pounds to go to get to my goal of 190, started at 262, l lost 30 pound with weight watchers online, but truly didn't accomplish what I wanted and or needed without the gym and MFP.