photo's

Options
sassymc86
sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
I want to photo document my weight loss. how often is a good idea to take new ones?

Replies

• avocadoshaped
    avocadoshaped Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Every day, you can always throw out the rubbish ones.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend once a month, at the very least. You'll see decent changes and it will motivate you. You could go with once a week, maybe on weigh-in day, but there won't be as much change, and I don't think I'd find it as motivating.
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Brill thanks :D
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend once a month, at the very least. You'll see decent changes and it will motivate you. You could go with once a week, maybe on weigh-in day, but there won't be as much change, and I don't think I'd find it as motivating.

I agree. Thev changes will be more drastic, which boosts your self confidence and gives you reassurance
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I try for once a month but sometimes it's even two or three months. Just depends on how I'm feeling and my effort level for the month.
  • Malachai76
    Options
    This, daily is pointless once a month is the way to go imo
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I took weekly but looking back, I agree once a month would really show quite a bit over a length of time.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Do it once a week same lighting, positions, clothing etc when you reach your goal you could make a gif or slideshow etc of the changes.

ETA: May not seem motivating seeing weekly changes but when you reach your goal or a significant loss, the gradual changes put together in a graphical representation would be cool.
  • Naturalhiker
    Options
    I go every 30 days is fair I think but if your going to take them in 3 layers of clothing on you really will not see any change :) I say this being I see so many do before and afters wearing their entire wardrobe so I look and say wow I really do not see you any thinner lol.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I just took before pics and measured. I SO did not want to do that. :sad:
    But I realized I wouldn't have done that if I didn't believe there would be "after" pics.
  • ArtsyGarbage
    Options
    I took pictures of myself every time I lost 5 lbs. It was really really important though (for me) to not compare each picture b/c at 5 lbs there wasn't a *noticeable* difference. Now that I've lost 40+ lbs, I'm so glad I did that because I can really see a difference and I have a lot of pictures, too! :)