I surprised myself today

After school, my daughter and I walked around the mall today. Afterwards we stopped to get a bite to eat. She chose A&W. NOTHING looked good to me on their menu so I hopped over to Subway and had a veggie sub. The surprise? She got the rootbeer float. It started to overflow. The old me would have tried to prevent an overflow by drinking. The new me wiped it away with napkins! I didn't want empty calories I guess!

Anyone else notice little things like this since changing your eating lifestyle?

Replies

• After school, my daughter and I walked around the mall today. Afterwards we stopped to get a bite to eat. She chose A&W. NOTHING looked good to me on their menu so I hopped over to Subway and had a veggie sub. The surprise? She got the rootbeer float. It started to overflow. The old me would have tried to prevent an overflow by drinking. The new me wiped it away with napkins! I didn't want empty calories I guess!

Anyone else notice little things like this since changing your eating lifestyle?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Nice job. Good choice on the sandwich too!
  • Thanks, I seem to be turned off by most meats these days. I think my body is telling me to go vegetarian.
  • kmjgrant
    kmjgrant Posts: 80
    Havent really but good job, i just consumed 4 large deep dish pizzas and 4 swiss rolls, and i feel bad as heck... but good job.:flowerforyou:
  • delanahub
    delanahub Posts: 56
    I sure have noticed a difference...I feel like I don't want to waste any calories on unthought out food. MFP has been the best thing ever to keeping me on track, and I don't feel guilty!