help...went from eating 900 calories to 1200 and now always

sam553
sam553 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Prior to starting this program I used to only eat around 900 calories, mostly because I was not ever hungry. Then I read the article about not eating enough. I started making sure that I ate 1200 calories spread out throughout the day. Now I am hungry all the time and find myself eating way more than 1200 calories. I wake up with my stomach growling no matter how late I eat last.

Will this stop as I continue maintaining my 1200 calorie diet? Any advice as to how to help this?

Thanks!

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    This should start to even out. The reason you were probably not hungry is because eating so few calories can cause your metabolism to shut down. Then the weight piles on. You are now speeding your metabolism back up which will help to burn those extra calories but also make you hungry.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    You're body was in starvation mode, and now that you're feeding it its reacting. Stay consistent eat 1500-1600 calories for a couple of weeks, plan you're meals, it will teach you're body food is coming consistently you will still loose weight. you might stall for a few days as your body recovers from starvation mode. but you will begin to drop after that.
  • some people don't function as well on 1200 calories - that's still pretty low. why not bump it up to 1400 calories or so? are you exercising? sounds to me that your stomach is growling because...well, you're HUNGRY.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Additionally to what others have said, make sure you eat more protein than carbs. If you're filling those 300 cals with processed carbs then you'll feel much hungrier than if you're eating a protein rich foods.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    I feel you on that one.

I was eating around 900-1100 calories a day (depending on the meals), and I dropped almost 20 lbs in 8 weeks. For the past month, I have been eating 1200 calories (because I'm in between jobs, so I'm lazy and doing nothing but eating), AND I HAVE NOT even bee losing a POUND per week! It has totally screwed my routine.

So, I'm not exactly convinced I was in starvation mode or if you were. Everyone's body is different. If you saw more results eating less calories, do what you feel like is working best for you. If you were satisfy with 900 calories and were losing weight, then do whatever you think works for you. I find eating all 1200 calories, I am SOOO hungry all day, and I want to eat even more.

GOOD LUCK
  • candice_45
    candice_45 Posts: 1 Member
    The doctors and nurse said for me to eat around 1500 calories to start and then reduce it if I felt like it was to much. :smile: Do you have a buddy system going to help to encourage you? It will get easier.
This discussion has been closed.