Did someone say Cheesecake?

2»

Replies

• lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Ugh, I don't understand the point of losing weight at all if you are going to end up unhealthy (hello! cheesecake is not exactly packed with nutrition!) and flabby.

You would be amazed (or maybe not) how many patients I see that come in for weight management advice and tell me that they have had loads of success with Atkins in the past.... Then I proceed to tell they didn't really have success if they are back here at their starting weight!

Well done Tami for sticking to your guns and congrats on your loss :flowerforyou:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    i can't imaginea life without desserts. i just eat smaller portions now :(

I'm totally with you there! What fun is a life of total deprivation? Living a balanced life is what it's all about. There is no reason not to enjoy a sweet treat every once in a while, but just a much smaller portion than what we used to have eaten. :) A healthy life is a balanced life. Too much of anything can be a bad thing. :)
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    I'm a bit bitter about her cheesecake, too.... I'll be looking for the weight watchers cheesecake when I go shopping tomorrow morning...

I had some today with my friend for her birthday, we split a piece and left a good piece behind. It was yummy!

Stu, she said she last lost it all doing the no grains or rice. and is still wanting to lose 40 more. She was also highly against strength training and I am a big believer in it. I have seen what it does when you do it ( and I have seen what happens when you dont when you lose ) and I will take my muscles any day over the flub.

Tami, you are right on the money (no big surprise!) When I was at University, there was this gal I knew, she was about 5'3" tall and might have weighed 90lbs soaking wet in a leather jacket...... with her winter boots on... :laugh: but she had no muscle mass. I remember she took part in some kind of testing thing for someones thesis, and at 90lbs, she was shocked..... SHOCKED to learn she was considered fat, overweight, at 33% body fat :noway:

Seriously this gal got tired walking up two flights of stairs. I remember we all went down to the beach one day for a beach party, the walk was about 2 Km on decent trails, but there was one spot with about 300 stairs. On the way back one of the big rugby player guys had to carry her, she was seriously worn out just sitting there in a heap collapsed on the stairs about 1/4 of the way up :noway: No muscle mass at all. But to look at her, you would think she was in shape, she was a nice looking slim asian gal, lots of interest from the guys too, but seriously out of shape.

I don't know how people get through their lives like that, I've always enjoyed physical activity, and one of the main reasons I've getting back to healthy is so I can enjoy more of it!

Cheers!

PS the convenience store across the street from me sells these deadly great tasting slivers of cheesecake, they are about 3/4" wide, 3/4" tall and maybe 4" long, they have various flavours, and they are about 150 cal each, I've only had one, after a big bike ride, and it was tasty for sure, but not something I'm going to indulge in all the time, I save it as a treat! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.