I'm 10 stone and 5ft4.5. How long to lose 2 stone????

Options
2»

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Netting below 1200 calories is not recommended by the MFP guidelines, particularly as a sustained goal for calories.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 3 and a Brit and would love to be 10 stone. I can more than understand wanting to look and feel good. I did look and felt good when I was exactly where you are. It is hard being young in any age. If I believed what I read in the papers when I was 18 I'd be trying to look like Twiggy. Now that dates me. May be you do have a little weight to loose but you need to see yourself as you are without criticising this or that because the media tells you, you should be this or that or be like this or that actress or singer.

I wish you well especially if you are taking exams. You have youth, health and vitality on your side. So much can go wrong if you don' t take care of yourself.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    So i should eat 1500 and burn 500?

No, you'd still be netting below the recommended minimum.

IMO, it's really hard to burn 500+ calories a day, everyday. You would have to spend a fair amount of time in the gym to get that done, and as a beginner, you shouldn't be going all gungho like that. Start small and work your way up. The goal isn't to go as fast and hard as possible.

If you're really going to burn 500 calories, everyday, you need to eat all of those calories back, on top of your MFP goal. If MFP tells you to eat 1500 calories, and you burn 500 calories, you need to EAT 2000 calories, since 1500+500=2000.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    why do you feel like you need to be 8 stone? that is at the very low end of the healthy range for your height. you are already at a healthy weight. do you dislike the way you look? you can try to build muscle instead of lose weight.

I would just feel a lot better if i was at that weight because i currently hate how my body looks now :(
    If you hate your looks now, I'm pretty sure you'll also hate them at 8 stone. Why not work on the hate? That's the problem, not your weight.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    why do you feel like you need to be 8 stone? that is at the very low end of the healthy range for your height. you are already at a healthy weight. do you dislike the way you look? you can try to build muscle instead of lose weight.

I would just feel a lot better if i was at that weight because i currently hate how my body looks now :(
    If you hate your looks now, I'm pretty sure you'll also hate them at 8 stone. Why not work on the hate? That's the problem, not your weight.
    This.

Op, losing weight is not going to help you love yourself. Self love starts from the inside.

140 for your height is in the healthy range, and a loss of 28 pounds will put you at 112. Is this the magic number to make you feel better about yourself?

I suggest you lose less than 28 pounds. Why not try for five and see how you look? Or even ten?

Seriously, if you want to lose any amount of weight you must eat at a calorie deficit. Because you have little weight to lose, it's important to lose it slowly at about .5 pounds per week instead of 2 pounds a week.

1400 calories is not a magic number, therefore I suggest you set up your calorie goals in MFP to lose a half a pound a week, eat that calorie amount PLUS a portion of your exercise calories back. This might give you sixteen hundred a day, or maybe even 1,800 or 2,000 a day, depending on how much you burn in your workouts.

Weigh all solid food and measure all liquids, log all food and exercise, and work to keep your logging as accurate as possible.

You must change your mindset to see losing weight as a lifestyle change, not as a diet.

You must learn to love your body no matter what weight you are.

Finally, you must take the time limit off losing weight.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I'm guessing high school senior who wants to look good on her senior trip or for the summer.

I'm guessing she's English which is why she's using stones as a measurement.

No one was contesting thing.
  • rella_1003
    rella_1003 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4 and my goal weight is roughly stone as well. I was 9 stone when I joined MFP just over a month ago and have lost half a stone by netting in at 1200 calories. If you want to appear slimmer focus on strength training and toning your muscles. Good luck :smile:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm going on holiday on june 20th this year an i want to lose 2 stone desperately. From Jan 8th, I will be joining a gym and i plan to burn eat 1400 calories and burn 800 at the gym, 5 days a week. Will i be able to lose 2 stone by june

Please help me

If you eat back some calories.