Looking for a good movie to watch tonight...

Options
FunkBunny
FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
I'm in the mood for something almost futuristic, not sci-fi with aliens, but more along the lines of "I Robot' or "AI". Something that had a decent budget to film and has at least one or two recognizable people in it (I"ve sat through too many crappy B flicks, it's not even funny!)

I'm drawing a complete blank and would love some suggestions so I can hit the video store on my way home from work tonight... Bring on the suggestions...I'm all ears!!

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    How about "I am Legend" or "The book of Eli"? those are both GREAT films!
  • FunkBunny
    Options
    Those are boht great, LOVED Book of Eli. But I've seen them both. What I really want is to watch the remake of Tron that's coming out, but you know...it's not out. :)

Anything else?
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    What about Surrogates, V for Vendetta, The Day After Tomorrow, Impact, Core, Journey to the Center of the Earth, or the newest Terminator?
  • FunkBunny
    Options
    Hahaha! I think I watch too many movies..I've seen all of those! :tongue:
  • fat_forever
    Options
    How about "Paycheck"? Then there is "The Mist". How about "A Sound Of Thunder"?
  • FunkBunny
    Options
    I've seen the Mist and Sound of Thunder. The Mist just pissed me right off, I read the book and they TOTALLY scerwed the ending up. Wow!
    And Paycheck...I don't think I've heard of that, will check into, thanks!
  • fat_forever
    Options
    There's "Pitch Black"....."The Chronicles Of Rid****"....

If you like action movies, there is...."The Long Kiss Goodnight"....."The Last Man Standing"....."Point Of No Return"....

I don't know what your tastes are, so here are some good movies of varying genres...."Constantine"....."The Transporter"...."Tears Of The Sun"....."The Postman"....."Lord Of War".

I could go on and on, since I have a large library of movies.
  • TheOrangeFather
    Options
    Rachel,
    I am SO with you on the remake of Tron. :smile:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I just streamed a really good movie called "Moon". I won't spoiler it but it's very compelling.
  • I'm in the mood for something almost futuristic, not sci-fi with aliens, but more along the lines of "I Robot' or "AI". Something that had a decent budget to film and has at least one or two recognizable people in it (I"ve sat through too many crappy B flicks, it's not even funny!)

I'm drawing a complete blank and would love some suggestions so I can hit the video store on my way home from work tonight... Bring on the suggestions...I'm all ears!!

I don't know if this will fall in those parameters ..... But what about Avatar? I really thought I wouldn't like it, but I watched it with a friend, and it was pretty good.

KIM
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It's late in the day but I was thinking Blade Runner, Children of Men or The Island...you certainly have a lot to choose from!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    What about "The Fifth Element"?
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options

That's a great movie...
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

That's a great movie...

Big bada boom!
  • french13
    french13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "The Island" is a good movie. has ewan mcgregor and scarlett johanssen in it and whoever posted the Postman....that movie was amazing....long, but amazing.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I'm in the mood for something almost futuristic, not sci-fi with aliens, but more along the lines of "I Robot' or "AI". Something that had a decent budget to film and has at least one or two recognizable people in it (I"ve sat through too many crappy B flicks, it's not even funny!)

So, what did you end up with?