How to firm up after losing 4 stone ?

Options
Last year i lost 4 stone and this year i want to concentrate on ' firming up' . At the mo , my body looks the same ( shape wise) and its starting to get me down . I'm naturally curvy , with a big behind lol But i want to firm up around that area . I do a lot of squats with weights already but looking for other lifting regimes ... I notice i do more cardio ( hiit ) workouts than lifting ... so maybe i need to focus on that more ? Just need some advise .

Replies

• nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yep! Focus more on the weights than cardio - also body-weight exercises are so underrated! A good old set of squats/crunches/push ups every day will do wonders! But of course, weight lifting is the way to go :) Good luck with it - and don't forget to celebrate your success! Just because you feel as though your body's stayed looking the same, it won't have :) 4 stone is an incredible achievement so well done!!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Take up heavy lifting (bench, overhead press and deadlift as well as barbell squats) and give it time.

I've lost about the same amount, gone from a size 16 to an 8 (UK, so 12 to a 4 in the States) and now I'm just having to let my head catch up with my body (as well as "toning up" by carrying on lifting).
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Just come across sandbag workouts , so will either make my own or buy one . Thanks for the tips guys x