lost 4.4kg (out of 12kg), but not changing shape

Options
I changed my diet mid-July, and started exercising beginning of August.
I needed to lose 12kg, and have lost 4.4kg (almost 10lbs) so far, going from 82kg to 77.6kg.
So I'm supposedly over a third of the way to my goal weight.

However, apart from losing a little fat from my face and chin, and gaining a little muscle in the legs,
my body-shape has not changed at all, especially my stomach (where I thought nearly all of the fat was).
All my measurements are exactly the same as mid-July, as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on? Where did I lose this weight from, if not my stomach? Considering the amount of pain and discomfort I've put myself through, I feel like I've got nothing to show for it. It's frustrating to say the least!

Thanks.

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Nothing to show!? You've lost 10 pounds!!!

The funny thing about fat is that we don't really get to decide where it's at or where we're going to lose it from. You mention that your face looks thinner and you've got some muscle in your legs now. So it sounds like you are seeing a result. Maybe not the one you expected but there is a result. Keep up your good work. Irregardless of where the pounds are coming off at, you are doing your body a world of good and if you keep at it, you'll continue to see results.
  • ned2lswt
    ned2lswt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    remember muscle weighes more than fat but burns more calories at rest. It sounds like you are getting very nice definition. The muscles are building underneath the fat and as you loose more weight, you will get very nice definition. Abdominal fat is the first thing we put on and last thing we loose:wink: