im starving myself but it doesn't feel like I am

2»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    After joining this site I realized I am eating well under 1000 calories...

Your diary isn't open. How do you know that?
  • Mr_Knight
    So you guys are saying that I should force my self to eat more high calorie food even when im not hungry?

NO.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    So you guys are saying that I should force my self to eat more high calorie food even when im not hungry?

Fact: you didnt get to 240 eating sub 1000 calories. You can eat more
  • Ok, ill go to the store and buy a variety of healthy foods that have more calories. But I should say I remember 5 different times I followed a diet meal plan and didn't lose pretty much anything. Actually now that I think of it this is the only time ive ever dieted and actually felt like I lost weight
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

What does an open diary have to do with anything? Mine isnt open to the public, does that mean I don't eat 1800 calories a day?

OP isnt claiming to not be losing weight, so there is no reason to assume they're eating more than they claim
  • Mr_Knight

What does an open diary have to do with anything?

The OP can't even confirm they have lost weight. The OP is new to the site and the method. Odds are high that the OP's calorie count isn't accurate. This endless advice to "eat more" is completely wrong-headed - step 1 is to get confirmation that the calorie counting is valid.
  • Thanks everyone ill post again if I have any more questions
  • And for the diary, I put in my last 2 days and it said at the rate im going ill be 215 by feb 7 aNd that I should eat more
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Ok, ill go to the store and buy a variety of healthy foods that have more calories. But I should say I remember 5 different times I followed a diet meal plan and didn't lose pretty much anything. Actually now that I think of it this is the only time ive ever dieted and actually felt like I lost weight

This isn't a temporary diet meal plan. This is a healthy way of eating for the rest of your life! :drinker:

You don't just have to buy "healthy" foods that have more calories. You make it sound like bad vs. good food. No food is inherently good or bad; some food just have more nutrients than others. You can eat things that some people consider "unhealthy", like ice cream, and still lose weight. If you're thinking about body composition, that's a slightly different story (google "IIFYM").
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Yes, Eat higher calorie foods, even if you don't feel like eating often. You need more than 1,000 calories and you know it.
  • SLLRunner
    I was thinking, could I allow myself to eat one unhealthy thing a day between 500-700 calories but besides that do what ive been doing. It seems like it would work.
    You get to eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your calorie goal. Have that cheeseburger or piece of KFC if you feel like it.
  • SLLRunner
    Hunger signals get suppressed when you eat too few calories.

I guess it depends on what you want- if you starve yourself to lose the weight, you won't be able to keep it off, so I guess it depends on your goals- if keeping the weight off isn't one of your goals then you're on the right track.
    Oh my gosh, this is SO true! I can remember eating those 1,000 calories a day and not feeling hungry at all. I never kept that weight off.
  • MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    You may lose weight at 500-700 calories but you will also likely lose muscle, your hair, your sex drive, your energy, and your metabolism. And then you'll almost certainly gain the weight back.

This isn't a sprint...it is a marathon. You are trying to get more healthy not more sick.