9 Reasons to Try the Indoor Rowing Machine

Options
13»

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The rowing machine is no joke. It can be an amazing workout if done properly. Be sure to learn good technique before trying.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    OK so I've done some rowing off and on, but my biggest issue? BOREDOM. I typically love running outside for my cardio... however, it's nice to have another form of cardio for days I just don't feel like it.

How do you all fend of the boredom on this thing? Particularly if you're on it for more than 20 minutes?
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    OK so I've done some rowing off and on, but my biggest issue? BOREDOM. I typically love running outside for my cardio... however, it's nice to have another form of cardio for days I just don't feel like it.

How do you all fend of the boredom on this thing? Particularly if you're on it for more than 20 minutes?

Believe it or not, I'm working too freaking hard to be bored. That being said, I'm not bored on a treadmill either - which I know many are. I also always have music playing through some speakers but honestly, by the time my first 15 minutes has passed, I'm so engrossed in the workout I get on the rower, it's almost as if the music is not there.

Also, I constantly throughout keep my technique/form in check. I really don't get bored.

I know some folks use RowPro software for more options as well. I have not done this though as of yet. I might though as time moves along.