To work out everyday or not to work out everyday?

ashtonscoggins
ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So im wondering should I work out everyday? I have been as well as swimming every other or every couple of days as well as working out. I see some people take that day off and Ive read that its good then Ive read it helps your body recover and build faster? Im having trouble losing anything and Ive cut calories,worked out ect ect. So im lost on what to doat all since everything I seem to be doing doesnt work :(

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Following a fitness program whether it be Insanity or Brazil Butt Lift it has me working out 6 days a week and the 7th is a rest day.

On my rest days I feel weird not doing anything so I at least go for a 45 min walk =)

Our bodies do need a day to recovery, like for today, I had threes start days of intense Insanity workouts but on the schedule for today is Max Recovery - where I still get a workout out but not as hard as the workouts usually are.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Just don't give up!

It's a learning process! It took me 3 weeks to start seeing my weight drop =)
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    I do think you need a day "off".... but if you feel like you have to do something, I agree with the other post. Maybe just go for a walk, keep it low impact. Your body does need a day to recover and rebuild all those muscles you are building. And I know its frustrating but don't give up, I also had to wait around 3 weeks to see the difference. Just a tip (from my bad experience) check your calories and make sure you are eating enough! I was way under-eating and that slowed down my metabolism. Good luck!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Two days on and one day off is the rotation I like to stick to. Otherwise I can get burnt out too quickly and gives my muscles recovery time.
This discussion has been closed.