The closest without going over?

If I exercise and it 'gives me more calories' for the day- am I still supposed to use them? Should I be trying to eat as close to daily calorie allotment as possible without going over every day? Or am I wrong?
Had 200 calories left for the day- and got 300 and some back for my walk tonight- so now i have 500. Should I go eat something to get close to using the 500 up? Or do I just not worry about it?
(ps.. dont know if it matters or not- but mfp has me at 1800 calories a day)

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    If I exercise and it 'gives me more calories' for the day- am I still supposed to use them? Should I be trying to eat as close to daily calorie allotment as possible without going over every day? Or am I wrong?
    Had 200 calories left for the day- and got 300 and some back for my walk tonight- so now i have 500. Should I go eat something to get close to using the 500 up? Or do I just not worry about it?
    (ps.. dont know if it matters or not- but mfp has me at 1800 calories a day)
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Yes, eat those calories. Otherwise you will hit a plateau and those aren't fun!
    Good luck!
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Yes, eat those calories. Otherwise you will hit a plateau and those aren't fun!
    Good luck!

oh awesome. Everyone had ice cream after dinner tonight and I was a little bummed!!!!!! Seeing as I still have a ton of carbs left and fat and everything else- i think I know a good way to use up 500 calories with some ice cream! haha
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    yeh mine are set at 1200 and i hit the gym 5 or 6 days a week, so then i end up at 1500 or so for the day... pretty much eat eat eat! not past what it says though.. gotta eat them claories up! which is pretty cool.
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Yes, you have to eat your calories. Just make sure they are not "empty calories" ! Metabolic Rules!
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Hi! Hoping you could give me a general day of what you are eating when you are burning all those calories?
    yeh mine are set at 1200 and i hit the gym 5 or 6 days a week, so then i end up at 1500 or so for the day... pretty much eat eat eat! not past what it says though.. gotta eat them claories up! which is pretty cool.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    I ACTUALLY HAVE THE SAME QUESTION. I HAVE 366 CALORIES LEFT AFTER WORKING OFF 425 CALORIES. IT'S 8:30PM. I DON'T REALLY WANT TO EAT THIS LATE (NOR AM I HUNGRY). SORRY I "PIGGYBACKED" ON YOUR QUESTION:tongue:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Hi! Hoping you could give me a general day of what you are eating when you are burning all those calories?

Today I didn't go to the gym, because I'ma do HIIT tomorrow, so I'm just goin on 1200, and I haven't had dinner.. That is in about 15mins... haha but here is my day.

Lunch 1
    Oscar Mayer - Shaved Roast Beef, 6 slices 60 0g 2g 10g 30mg 520mg 0g 0g
    Kraft Singles - Sharp Cheddar, 1 slice 60 2g 5g 4g 15mg 270mg 1g 0g
    Kraft - Miracle Whip Dressing Light, 1 Tbsp. 20 2g 2g 0g 5mg 135mg 1g 0g
    Sara Lee - 45 Calorie & Delightful- Whole Wheat With Honey, 2 slices 90 18g 1g 6g 0mg 210mg 3g 5g
    Lunch 2
    Wish-Bone - Salad Spritzers- Italian Vinaigrette, 22 sprays 33 2g 2g 0g 0mg 220mg 2g 0g
    Sargento - Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 1/4 cup 110 1g 9g 7g 25mg 190mg 0g 0g
    Croutons - Seasoned, 0.5 oz 66 9g 3g 2g 1mg 176mg 2g 1g
    Fresh Express - Italian, 3 Cups 18 4g 0g 1g 0mg 12mg 1g 2g
    Snacks
    Pringles - Baked Wheat Stix - Honey Butter, 1 Pack 90 12g 4g 2g 0mg 150mg 2g 0g
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105 27g 0g 1g 0mg 1mg 14g 3g
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 small (2-1/2" dia) (approx 4 per lb) 55 15g 0g 0g 0mg 1mg 11g 3g
    TOTALS: 707 92g 28g 33g 76mg 1,885mg 37g 14g
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    I ACTUALLY HAVE THE SAME QUESTION. I HAVE 366 CALORIES LEFT AFTER WORKING OFF 425 CALORIES. IT'S 8:30PM. I DON'T REALLY WANT TO EAT THIS LATE (NOR AM I HUNGRY). SORRY I "PIGGYBACKED" ON YOUR QUESTION:tongue:

well, I've been told two things. Some say yes, eat them, some say if you ain't hungry, don't force yourself... so I go by how I feel.
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Go to "Recent Posts"and read:

"Newbies please READ ME - 2nd edition

and

"THE answers to THE questions"

Lots of good helpful information there!!!!

:drinker:
  • I have a question i have 81 calories left but I am negatives in my carbs do I eat the calories or leave it alone cause I am negatives in my carbs.plz help me!:sad:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    I would say to eat something like a piece of cheese or a handful of almonds....etc. Just don't eat something starchy or fruit, that will have mostly carbs. Then you can just try to eat less carbs as time goes on. The balance will never be perfect, nor does it need to be.....

Also, if you decide not to eat those last calories, it won't be the end of the world, either! :glasses:
  • thank you