Anyone workout at 24?

Options
I did a 24hr fitness boot camp this morning and man am I hurtin...in a good way :smile:. But Im wondering if anyone knows approximately how many calories I burned. I tried asking the instructor but instead he kept trying to sell my this BodyBug that counts your calories for you. Its a great device but its 250$! So anyone that has done the class please let me know! thanks!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I did a 24hr fitness boot camp this morning and man am I hurtin...in a good way :smile:. But Im wondering if anyone knows approximately how many calories I burned. I tried asking the instructor but instead he kept trying to sell my this BodyBug that counts your calories for you. Its a great device but its 250$! So anyone that has done the class please let me know! thanks!
    A HRM really is the best way to know what you personally burn in a class. It's really hard for any of us to guess what you burned, it's all based on age, fitness level, how hard you worked, what you did, etc etc.

I'm more a PolarFT7 fan myself in regards to HRM monitors but some on here swear by the BodyBug. He may have been trying to make a sale but likely he was trying to help you out so you could REALLY get a feel for how your body is working. Look in the archives here under HRM's and you'll see how much good is said about them. They range greatly in price the one I'm looking at is $109. I believe the bodybug you not only purchase but then have to join the site and pay monthly. Someone that has one could verify that for sure, but that's what I've read/heard from others.

Good luck,
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You have to buy the device, then pay the monthly fees, plus be subjected to the daily harassment of the 24 hours sale people, crap I mean trainers, to buy their "watered down" supplements.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I bought my heart rate monitor off Amazon.com for under $60 (and no continuing fees). It's really much more accurate than just plugging your time into the MFP formulas. How much you burned totally has to do do with how hard you were working. I thrive off of feedback so I love my HRM!
  • sgssmile
    sgssmile Posts: 62
    Options
    Wow good job on your weight loss!!!