Small successes

Options
I've noticed a few small things lately that really make me happy and keep me motivated:

1) my bath towel wraps further around me,

2) when I cross my legs, they stay crossed,

3) my wedding ring comes on and off easily,

4) I can see my little arm muscles,

5) I can go up and down the stairs more than once before getting winded.

These things make me smile :)

Replies

• themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oh, and:

6) Even my shoes are looser!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    :heart: IT!!! Great Job!! It's the little things that makes a BIG difference!! It is such a great feeling when you start losing weight. I found myself not that tired during the day. And most days I wake up before my alarm clock and my before my children.

Keep up the great work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Loisandrev
    Options
    My small successes-
    1. Clothes aren't as tight.
    2. Don't get short of breathe till I go uphill walking.
    3. More energy.
    4. Lost 6.5 inches.
    5. Started playing on tennis team again. Won first 3 matches.
    6. Sleep better.
  • vhcline
    vhcline Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats and it's the small successes that keep us going!
  • Bluddy
    Bluddy Posts: 17
    Options
    Good job :)

I noticed ive gon up a notch on my belt when i got dressed for work this morning, thats how im measuring my weight loss.
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was actually comfortable in a shirt yesterday that I wouldn't wear unless it was undersomething else a month ago ... like the topic say, it's the little things that keep us going. You're all going to hear me yelling and having a party when I finally get into the next size down jeans :)
  • OnieBee
    OnieBee Posts: 67
    Options
    I love when I can see my weight loss!! I no longer can wear my wedding ring (not sure if I can have it re-sized, already had it done once to fit my overgrown finger from the weight I had gained). My underwear are now fully granny panties and reach up to my arm pits... yikes not so attractive :) and my favorite part is when I run into someone I haven't seen since I began my weight loss and they can't get over how different I look!

Good job!!
  • mom2ecb
    mom2ecb Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm only on day 7, so my success is much smaller than most, :flowerforyou:
    So far, the biggest change for me has been in my energy level. Love that I can wake up and get so much done!
    Today is my 8th day of clean eating...YEAH! No processed food has passed my lips and I love it!
    I am also proud of the example I am setting for my family. They are getting on board too!
  • misstrish03
    Options
    i can feel my collarbone and hipbones, and i had to go to the shoe repair to get extra holes punched in my belts... and the guy working there did it free of charge! haha. plus its nice not breaking a sweat while jean shopping.. ahah!
  • themyriadthings
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing your successes too! It sure is about a lot more than the number on the scale - my life is just, well, better! Having more energy is wonderful, and being able to look myself square in the mirror and not look away is awesome!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    1) someone (a man no less) called me "Skinny" :huh:
    as in; "OH wow, you're skinny.... I don't like that! or do I??? I can't decide!"
    2) Tried on shorts just bought on holiday recently - they were snug when I bought them... they may be *TOO* lose now.:bigsmile:

and for me to acknowledge my loss -
    I may go real short with my hair! meaning... my face can support the short cut and (my head) will not look like a balloon bobbing up and down on my shoulders :laugh:
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love when I can see my weight loss!! I no longer can wear my wedding ring (not sure if I can have it re-sized, already had it done once to fit my overgrown finger from the weight I had gained).

Yes you can have your ring re-size again. Let them know you had it re-sized up and they can make the change in the same place, or even better if you can take it back to the same place. Congratulations, I hope you reach your goal.
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    I have had to clean out my closet because some of my size XL tops are too big. I also had to get rid of several size XL tank tops because of the same reason.

Also, my older brother noticed and asked me what have I been doing to lose weight.. That's a BIG one! :happy:
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats, all! It's been the little things that have kept me going to this point...

1. I'm wearing my wedding ring (which I did not have re-sized) for the first time in 2 years.
    2. I can see my triceps ~ even when I was skinny I never had muscle definition.
    3. I can run full laps at the gym.
    4. I've moved from a size 20 to a 16.
    5. My stretchy yoga pants are going to have to be replaced...they no longer stay up. :)

Good stuff!! Thanks for starting this thread & for sharing your journey. Way to go, everyone! :happy:
  • themyriadthings
    Options
    I have one more thing to add to my list of small successes today!

7) I jogged! Not for very long or for very fast, but my sister's (goal30Lori) progress in her C25K program inspired me to try alternating jogging with walking and I did it!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have one more thing to add to my list of small successes today!

7) I jogged! Not for very long or for very fast, but my sister's (goal30Lori) progress in her C25K program inspired me to try alternating jogging with walking and I did it!

Yay!!! Way to go sista!! I hope you get addicted to running like I now am!

I've been meaning to add my small successes as well:

1) I also notice my shoes are looser.
    2) I am finally comfortable wearing 'normal' underwear as opposed to the maternity underwear I have worn for about 4 years.
    3) Today I wore a shirt that I wore BEFORE having kids!
    4) I know I still have a ways to go, but I FEEL healthy, sexy, happy, because I am finally IN CONTROL!!!!!
  • themyriadthings
    Options
    Maybe I will do that C25K with you one day Lori! You have certainly inspired me to at least try to jog. I was a bit nervous about my repaired knee, but it seemed to be fine! Perhaps it's time to check out the running shoe store!

Another small success today:

8) I don't mind if people look at my profile, because I know my double chin is almost gone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!