finding motiviation

knowledgeispower26
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all!

I am relatively new to the site, and I enjoy it very much. I like being able to track my food and see what I am eating. However, I am finding it very hard to find the motivation to get my but moving. I can find every excuse not to excercise and that is what is holding me back from losing the weight I need to lose. I know that it is imperative for me to lose weight in order to avoid the weight related diseases that run. You would think that would be motivation enough to excercise around the clock, but I don't. Any ideas? Words of wisdom?

Cheers!

Replies

• KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    I can't say that I "found" motivation anywhere ... something in my head went off one day that I had to do this or I was going to be fighting the same battles my Mom is at this point. Now that I've started some sort of routine I can't seem to stop :) I'm actaully looking into adding on :) I haven't lost much but I found that I can now carry my boys up the steps without puffing as hard, that I want to go play with them, walking to the barn isn't a big project and finally my clothes aren't as tight. The getting started is hard but once you do the small things like these will keep you motivated.

I hope I helped a little and GOOD LUCK!
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    we have to dig deep. I am the same way and I am making fitness a huge part of my life both health and financially. So do what I do. plan it and keep talking to yourself. Once you get started the motivation will come. And before you know it you will be looking forward to your workouts!

Friend me if you want and we can help each other.

Nancy
  • thanks, that does help!! You're it's getting started that is difficult! Once I get into a routine hopefully it will be easier!
  • Hughes39
    Hughes39 Posts: 169
    I think having friends on here is a great motivation! Everyone seems to be so positive and friendly! I know for me, I don't get a "great job" from my kids, friends, boyfriend etc when I eat healthy or work out. But on here It seems like everyone gives out those positive vibes! It's great!!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    I finally told myself there is no excuse........To quote nike....just do it....every damn day.....And some day down the road you will start to like it....I never thought I would but hey when your start getting loose....it is awesome.
This discussion has been closed.