300+lbs to lose, yikes!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Avi, 26 and currently weigh 532lbs. I want to get down to around 150lbs, and need to get to 450lbs before I can have gastric bypass surgery. This is my second time on MFP, and looking to change my life this time around. I'm ready!

Hope to make some friends and get to know you all better!

Replies

• MarlaVSings
    MarlaVSings Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome Avi,

I don't participate on the boards but do check them almost daily and wanted to say hello. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best. Keep the goal in mind and take it one day at a time. Just wanted to say hello.
  • SweetieMelissa
    SweetieMelissa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi and Good luck. :)

Welcome back to MFP <3
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you luck!

You can do this, make little changes at a time instead of trying to change too much too soon.

:flowerforyou:
  • Ben_Avery
    Ben_Avery Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Just take it a day at a time.

You won't know yourself after the surgery. The weight loss and change in lifestyle for the first two years afterwards is truly amazing.
  • juliagorina
    juliagorina Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine got the surgery about half a year ago, and so far so good. There were some ups and downs in terms of expectations, but most importantly she's made some huge changes in her lifestyle. There is just no better way to put it, it's everything from what time you go to bed, to the things you eat, to where you park your car! Very hard work! Get a reliable support network, and go get it!!
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best! You can do it. Check out the success stories on the forums, you will find a ton on motivation on there. Best wishes. :-)
  • DanielleWatson83
    DanielleWatson83 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    add me!
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

Just remember, you didn't put it all on overnight, so it won't come off overnight. And if you slip up, "fall down seven times, get up eight."

:)
  • SamiAng
    SamiAng Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck girl! You got this! Feel free to add me. I am not on the message boards much but log on every day and support the few friends I have on here :-)
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I started at 355, and weigh now 250 as of last weigh in, tomorrow is weigh for the week, you can add me and diary is always open.
  • kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Avi! You can do it! :)
  • 2720cynthia
    2720cynthia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Avi! You can do this! Keep your GOAL in mind. And FORGIVE yourself when you mess up, and keep going!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey Avi,

Congratulations on your decision to change your life!!! :flowerforyou: I also have 150lb to lose (68kg). Would you like to support each other through? I'm also a moderator over at the 90 day accountability challenge if you want to join an awesome and supportive group of people (most women) to motivate you for the first 3 months!! Good luck! =)
    --> group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18326--no-short-cuts-90-day-challenge

-Coolchick207
  • wonderwoman325
    Options
    I've added you :) It's my third try using MFP and I'm determined to be one of those success stories! Let's do it together :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Mine_Time
    Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hello Avi,

I had the gastric bypass 9 years ago. It was great. I lost all my weight, but the problem was I didn't change all my habits and when my marriage went down hill I turned to food again. Now I find myself on here, gained all my weight back. So please don't make the same mistakes I did and take the time to change your habits once you lose your weight. Use that time to work through things, the reason why you gained in the first place. I did send you a friend request I hope you accept.

You can do this. :)
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck!

Just wanted to say I love your hair colour! and remember small changes at a time are easier than tryin to change all bad habits at once.
  • mtikky
    mtikky Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good luck, that's a challenge to meet but it sounds like you are determined...
  • seugin
    seugin Posts: 8
    Options
    I started at 350 Oct 20th and am down to 300lbs now with about 150lbs to go. Feel free to add me.