Meals/Calories for longer days (ex.wake up @3am / bed @9pm

Options
Im asking this on be-half of my hubby....
He wakes up at 3:15am to go to work... he has a physical demanding job and is constantly moving, besides a 20min drive back and forth... he works from 4am and gets out just in time to pick up our kids from school at 2:30pm... averaging a 10hr work day. He then comes home with the kids makes them food sometimes naps, sometimes doesn't. If he does nap its only til about 4pm then our littlest comes home from daycare. I then get home from work around 5:30pm and make dinner. we then will lounge around or do whatever needs to be done usually going to be in between 9-10pm.
He is wondering since he has a much longer day than normal should he be eating more meals? Or more calories a day than a regular scheduled person. We both know he does need more sleep but it is what it is. If you think he does need more food how much more? He does have a mfp account but hardly uses it... if anything I'd log his food for him.

Replies

• MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla,

It's a long day, but I wouldn't say unusually so. If you'd said 6:15am wake up through to 11pm-12am bedtime, it wouldn't be strange to most people.

If he has a high activity job and enters this in with his other stats for MFP, it will take this into consideration and allow for additional calories.

He may prefer to eat several smaller meals/snacks during the day so that it doesn't feel like time is dragging on forever between meals.

Hope this helps him!