Carbs and Protein and Fat, oh my!

Options
LokiFae
LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
So at the end of EVERY day, I always go over my protein by, like, 50 grams, and over my fat by like, 10. But I always have at LEAST 100 carbs left over. Is that a bad thing or a good thing? I'm not doing it on purpose or anything. I did lose 10 pounds last week, which seemed like a whole lot to lose right off the bat, but I just didn't know if I was doing something wrong with my food choices or what...

Has anyone had this problem? Or have any advice about this?

Replies

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    So at the end of EVERY day, I always go over my protein by, like, 50 grams, and over my fat by like, 10. But I always have at LEAST 100 carbs left over. Is that a bad thing or a good thing? I'm not doing it on purpose or anything. I did lose 10 pounds last week, which seemed like a whole lot to lose right off the bat, but I just didn't know if I was doing something wrong with my food choices or what...

Has anyone had this problem? Or have any advice about this?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    There's a range of what's considered healthy for each macronutrient (meaning pro, carb, and fat). Carbs are fine anywhere from 30-60% of the diet depending on the individual's sport and needs, protein can fall anywhere from 15-40%, and fat from 20-30%. Some very specialized diets used to treat epilepsy contain upwards of 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbohydrates. The human body can adapt to many ways of eating.

That said...if you're under by 100g of carbs, that huge weight loss is primarly due to water loss and the loss of stored sugar in the muscles and liver (called glycogen). When your carbs are low, you lose both water weight and glycogen because you have to use that in place of dietary carbohydrates. It's not dangerous, but just know that it's not all fat.

You can choose your own nutrient goals by using the custom goal feature and changing the %'s of each manually.
  • goodlookinsista
    Options
    I have a question i have 81 calories left but in my carbs what am i suppose to do to eat the calories cause I am negative in my carbs plz help me!:sad:
  • bigred1
    bigred1 Posts: 31
    Options
    i away's go over on my protein and fat. but i have carbs still left.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    81 cals? Have a hard boiled egg :) yummy
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    There's a range of what's considered healthy for each macronutrient (meaning pro, carb, and fat). Carbs are fine anywhere from 30-60% of the diet depending on the individual's sport and needs, protein can fall anywhere from 15-40%, and fat from 20-30%. Some very specialized diets used to treat epilepsy contain upwards of 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbohydrates. The human body can adapt to many ways of eating.

That said...if you're under by 100g of carbs, that huge weight loss is primarly due to water loss and the loss of stored sugar in the muscles and liver (called glycogen). When your carbs are low, you lose both water weight and glycogen because you have to use that in place of dietary carbohydrates. It's not dangerous, but just know that it's not all fat.

You can choose your own nutrient goals by using the custom goal feature and changing the %'s of each manually.
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for the enlightening information songbyrdsweet and .................. :flowerforyou: Thanks for the question MaryPoe !