Hello

Options
Hello, My name is Frannie.. New here and looking to lose 50lbs.. Helpful hints on site and dieting welcome!

Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    welcome!! I am new too, and also have atleast 50lbs to lose!! I'm going on week 2 and I have found that the food and exercise logs are amazing!! =) Best wishes on your journey!! =)
    Stac
  • interman
    interman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Frannie:

I lost 30 pounds in forty days the first time. Unfortunately travel for work made me gain it back. I am going to 40 pounds in 60 days this time and will do it.

First off, throw away all starches (rice, potatoes,etc). Throw away bread and such.

Next, Water, water, and more water. Drink so much water that you, sorry to be blunt, pee clearly.

Salad is free (no dressing) and fruit for between meals snacking.

Yo-plait yogurt is terrific.

Anything else?

Don
  • interman
    Options
    Also, buy a scale that measures in tenths of a pound and weigh yourself everyday. My trick was to make sure I lose at lease a tenth of a pound everyday.

Get a buddy for both working out and for dieting. BUT, you should always make a game of besting whomever your with. If you go to lunch, be the only one that order healthy. If you see drinks on a table, be the only one that takes water.

Anything else, just ask.

Don
  • mocosa74
    mocosa74 Posts: 42
    Options
    Also, buy a scale that measures in tenths of a pound and weigh yourself everyday. My trick was to make sure I lose at lease a tenth of a pound everyday.

Get a buddy for both working out and for dieting. BUT, you should always make a game of besting whomever your with. If you go to lunch, be the only one that order healthy. If you see drinks on a table, be the only one that takes water.

Anything else, just ask.

Don

Great suggestions!! I love the part where you suggest besting whomever you with!!! Little competition never hurt anyone!! Great advice!!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    And read around the site - there's some terrific posts here, as well as a lot of fun to be had! :flowerforyou:
  • interman
    Options
    And, this site is perfect with the iphone app along with it. Record everything!!!!!

Good luck.

Don
  • HRPuffinstuff
    Options
    I just joined a minute or two ago. Haven't had control of my weight since my daughter was born 3 years ago, lose a bit, put a bit on, put a bit more on. Really feel that this can help me and I've even gone out today and joined the gym. Miracles do happen it would seem.

Need to lose at least 2 stone.
  • kimmielou1957
    Options
    HeyHey, Puffinstuff! Drink your water, chew your food thoughtfully, only weigh once a week, get some kind of physical activity EVERY DAY, take a good multi vitamin/mineral supplement, limit alcohol (which was VERY hard for me!), get online everyday and record your intake and your exercise. I started a weightloss challenge at work on August 2 and have lost almost 10 pounds. No fad anything, just trying to make lifestyle changes incrementally so it won't be so overwhelming. I put it on a pound at a time and that's the only way it's going to come off! GOOD LUCK - YOU CAN DO THIS!

Getting thinner in Chattanooga, TN!
  • HRPuffinstuff
    Options
    Hello Kimmielou

Sound's like good advice. I'm going for a whole new me. Alcohol will be my sticking point too. I dearly love a glass of wine in the evening. Tomorrow really is a whole new start for me! My health check at the gym is 1st thing then I'm off! Just emptied the last of of the wine, had a glass with dinner and not buying any more during the week. A weekend treat only from now on. Thanks for the vote of confidence and you're right! I can and WILL do this.

Well done on your achievement to date hoping to be 10lbs thinner soon too.