Body fat percentage?? Needs help

Options
I google "body fat percentage calculator" on google and there are so many websites that pop up. When filling in my information in about 7, the results ranged from 17% to 26%! Obviously something is up... Is there a reliable one that I can trust? I've been wondering this for a while and I really want to know my body fat percentage and base my results from there instead of my weight

Replies

• helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have one of those scales that shows bodyfat.

It's not 100% accurate. It might be off by 2-4% I am guessing.

But.. I have been losing weight.. the bodyfat % it shows goes down.

I have been gaining weight.. the body fat % it shows goes up.

My point is.. it can show progress and does so consistently.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Any methods outside an autopsy is just a guess.

Those guys are great at estimating your body fat with pictures if really you want a good idea

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105598-bodyfat-estimation-thread
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You can't determine your body fat percentage with a calculator on the internet. You would need to physically get it measured in order to base any results on it, and even the calipers are not 100% reliable. If you don't want to do the scale, how about taking measurements and using those inches lost to track your progress?
  • S122948P
    Options
    I'm in Lee's Summit, MO. and I have a Nutrition Club. If you're in the city I can do a FREE Body Scan on you that will give you the information that you want. Just send me a message and let me know.....joanne@advancednugtritionLS.com
  • GriffetteRoo
    Options
    What's a nutrition club? Do any of ya'll work out at 24 hour fitness I'm looking for a buddy (:t