I need motivation!

Options
I just cannot seem to find the time to workout. I'm supposed to be participating in a 30DS challenge group and here it is, the 5th day and I still have not done the first day yet. I need someone to harass me until I do it and have it logged! (I never log workouts until AFTER they are done.) I don't know what it is. Anyone have ideas on how to make myself workout?

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I will tell you what used to work for me. I would log it beforehand, and then feel obligated. Mind game, but it worked.
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    what is stopping you from doing the workouts? Do you just keep putting them off? You said you have a hard time finding the time to workout. i havent heard of the 30DS Challenge group so I dont know what the workouts are like. do you need 30 minutes, 1 hour?
  • DevoteeofIset
    DevoteeofIset Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Add me. I can harass you if you want. Just let me know your time zone and the time you wish to be harassed and would you like me to put it on your page, message you or email?? lol...
  • katu3
    katu3 Posts: 1
    Options
    My motivation came over the holidays. I ate too much, laid around, and noticed clothes getting tighter. I refuse to buy bigger clothes so now I am kicking my butt in gear. I am making myself remember that my motivation isn't to look better but not to be so out of shape. I am tired of being out of breath over simple things and that I need to live a healthier lifestyle. I am trying the dollar solution as well. Each time you work out for an hour total, donate a dollar to yourself. Figure out something to splurge on. Me? A massage!
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I want to do it bright and early in the mornings while everyone is still asleep but 5:30am is soooo early! LOL
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You have to want it more than you want the alternative. Until you do, you'll keep making excuses.
  • christa0130
    Options
    what is stopping you from doing the workouts? Do you just keep putting them off? You said you have a hard time finding the time to workout. i havent heard of the 30DS Challenge group so I dont know what the workouts are like. do you need 30 minutes, 1 hour?

30DS is a workout. It's roughly 20-30 mins. It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels. I keep putting it off or get totally side tracked. I have 4 kids so I am easily distracted.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Go do it now.
  • DevoteeofIset
    DevoteeofIset Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just based on the post I would say you have to change the way you think about working out. Analyze the thoughts that you are telling yourself about exercise. Your thoughts lead to how you feel which leads to how you act.
    Also, it might help to make it more painful to not workout than to workout.
  • GIA4FITNESS
    Options
    I know what you mean about time. I had to make SERIOUS adjustments to fit my workouts in. And I mean s-e-r-i-o-u-s.

I'm a single mom of two young boys, and I work 40+ hours a week. Free time is not something I have. The ONLY thing I had to give up was sleep in order to make time. You talk about lack of time? yeah. That was me. lol!

A few weeks ago I started setting my alarm to get up at 5:30 in the morning, instead of my normal 6am. My goal was to work my way to 4:50am so I could fit in a workout before work. I also have to make sure that now I am in bed by 9 or 10pm ON THE DOT to make sure I can get enough rest.

It is not easy. Sometimes it means pulling some time away from something else and reorganizing your schedule. I had to. If I can do it, I'm sure you can too!

You know what else though, I came across a great tip. If you work out in the morning, wear your workout clothes to bed. It saves time getting dressed in the morning and is a motivator to get working out because, hey, you're already dressed for it!!! I am actually wearing my yoga pants and work out shirt as I type this so that I'm ready to go at 4:50am tomorrow!

Good luck hon! You can do it! Friend me if you want support.
  • thesoup11
    thesoup11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Maybe we can motivate each other I want this year be sucessful I'm wanting to do my treadmill 5 am that is early what time zone are you
  • christa0130
    Options
    I know what you mean about time. I had to make SERIOUS adjustments to fit my workouts in. And I mean s-e-r-i-o-u-s.

I'm a single mom of two young boys, and I work 40+ hours a week. Free time is not something I have. The ONLY thing I had to give up was sleep in order to make time. You talk about lack of time? yeah. That was me. lol!

A few weeks ago I started setting my alarm to get up at 5:30 in the morning, instead of my normal 6am. My goal was to work my way to 4:50am so I could fit in a workout before work. I also have to make sure that now I am in bed by 9 or 10pm ON THE DOT to make sure I can get enough rest.

It is not easy. Sometimes it means pulling some time away from something else and reorganizing your schedule. I had to. If I can do it, I'm sure you can too!

You know what else though, I came across a great tip. If you work out in the morning, wear your workout clothes to bed. It saves time getting dressed in the morning and is a motivator to get working out because, hey, you're already dressed for it!!! I am actually wearing my yoga pants and work out shirt as I type this so that I'm ready to go at 4:50am tomorrow!

Good luck hon! You can do it! Friend me if you want support.

I totally understand that! That was me a few years ago! Now, I'm a SAHM of 4 and a full time college student starting next week. I'm working on chore charts and such for my older two kids to help take some off of me so I can free up more time to work out. Today was literally nonstop cleaning, running errands, cooking, and tending to the kids. I tell myself I'm going to work out during nap time and then I find something out of place or get sidetracked on some sort of project around the house and before I realize it, naptime is over. 7:30am is the most ideal time to work out and it's what I was doing before I had health issues that prevented me from working out. I've got to get BACK to that schedule.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    No one is going to convince you to do it unless you really want it. You have to be your own motivation.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    well, you don't have any less time in the day than i do.

start to sleep faster
  • christa0130
    Options
    Maybe we can motivate each other I want this year be sucessful I'm wanting to do my treadmill 5 am that is early what time zone are you

I'm in the Eastern time zone.
  • kharkrider
    Options
    I set a reminder in my iPhone to do this at a certain time every day. It goes off nagging me to get started. If that's not enough, you can set an alarm to go off, and just hit snooze until you actually get started, so it will nag you every 9 minutes until you begin!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I just cannot seem to find the time to workout. I'm supposed to be participating in a 30DS challenge group and here it is, the 5th day and I still have not done the first day yet. I need someone to harass me until I do it and have it logged! (I never log workouts until AFTER they are done.) I don't know what it is. Anyone have ideas on how to make myself workout?

Have you watched the workout yet? I find previewing my workouts helps me get motivated because I know what to expect. I'm one of those people who needs to have everything organized, so knowing what the workout has in store for me and seeing how quickly it goes by makes it hard to talk myself out of doing it. I've done workouts 1 and 2 from 30DS, and they're really not that bad. I never made it to the third workout because my kid stopped sleeping, and I just couldn't keep up the motivation when it took 3 hours to complete one video with all the times I had to stop to go put the baby back to sleep.
  • christa0130
    Options

Have you watched the workout yet? I find previewing my workouts helps me get motivated because I know what to expect. I'm one of those people who needs to have everything organized, so knowing what the workout has in store for me and seeing how quickly it goes by makes it hard to talk myself out of doing it. I've done workouts 1 and 2 from 30DS, and they're really not that bad. I never made it to the third workout because my kid stopped sleeping, and I just couldn't keep up the motivation when it took 3 hours to complete one video with all the times I had to stop to go put the baby back to sleep.

I've done the workout before and had major shin splints with it. It makes me hurt just thinking about doing it again but I know that NEED to do it. I can't afford the gym so I have to do what I can find on youtube and do at home.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

I've done the workout before and had major shin splints with it. It makes me hurt just thinking about doing it again but I know that NEED to do it. I can't afford the gym so I have to do what I can find on youtube and do at home.

why do you need to do an exercise that makes you hurt??

find something you enjoy. go for a walk, ride a bike, swim, do whatever. exercising in a way that you don't enjoy is a sure way of finding excuses not to do it.
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

30DS is a workout. It's roughly 20-30 mins. It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels. I keep putting it off or get totally side tracked. I have 4 kids so I am easily distracted.

NO WONDER YOU DON'T HAVE TIME! YOU GOT 4 KIDS! lol. I don't have time with even one kid, but you know, I make it work. He gets under foot a lot, but he's funny! When I'm on the ball exercising, he pushes my butt and tries to make me fall over haha. But you can do it! Before you lay down in the bed. Do your exercises no matter how tired you are!