Beef Jerky?

Options
Hey guys,

I am a VERY picky eater :blushing: and am trying to figure out meats that I could eat.....Is it still a healthy option to eat Beef Jerky or Beef sticks? I like the fact that it's dried because I HATE juicy or squishy meats hahaha! :laugh: I'm just wondering if I could use either as an alternative?

Thanks!

Replies

• dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    I eat beef jerkey etc... you have to watch the sodium in it though. Beef sticks have a lot of grease or fat also. I wouldn't make a steady diet of it, but I think it is ok to eat. Just count the calories etc... I've even made my own, which is much better than store bought because you can control the ingrediants
  • scarecrow41
    Options
    Yes, eat beef jerky...I also eat turkey jerky. As the above posters stated, they are very high in sodium so drink some extra water.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Like the one poster stated, it is best to make your own..........

Do you have a dehydrator?
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Ostrim makes a mix of beef and ostrich jerky. The make jerky and snack sticks which are low in sodium (about 300mg), low in fat and carb and high in protein.
    I have them in an omelet or as a lunch in a pinch.
  • ibjhb
    ibjhb Posts: 1
    Options
    IDK about the nutritional values but I was at Sports Authority yesterday and they had "healthy" beef jerky. You might want to check that out.