How accurate is it??

Options
I am very new to this site and I have been entering in my exercise each day and the amount of calories burned that it comes up with seems way too high! How do I know what is really should total?? Any ideas on how to get an accurate reading??

Please help!!!

Thanks

Replies

• wannaloseit
    Options
    I am very new to this site and I have been entering in my exercise each day and the amount of calories burned that it comes up with seems way too high! How do I know what is really should total?? Any ideas on how to get an accurate reading??

Please help!!!

Thanks
  • thegirlwholived
    thegirlwholived Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think the only truly accurate way to know is to use a heart rate monitor that can tell you how many calories you've burned within a given time (judging by your age, weight, heart rate while exercising). I know that Polar makes one that my gym sells for 150.00, but they may be cheaper at a regular store.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Lickalane, you may be surprised to find out a lot of the numbers are pretty accurate. Several posts have been done with people comparing their heart rate monitors to the MFP estimates... :happy: You're doing better than you thought!

Also, the bigger you are, the more calories you will burn. So, they may be under-estimated for you. :flowerforyou: (your profile said over 100lbs to lose). That would be like me doing the same exercise with that amount of weights strapped to me.

Great job & keep it up! :drinker: