can you lose weight from just caloire and no exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• emmavisman
    emmavisman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends mum was a size 22 (uk) and she just cut down on what she was eating, ate good food, didnt exercise and is now a size 14! it took her a year, but she's now finding it difficult to get any smaller than a 14 so she's starting to try and exercise now.
    I think it's possible to lose weight just by cutting down if you were a big size to begin with, but if you're not overweight (or only just in the overweight range, not obese) and just need to lose a few pounds, i think you will find it very difficult and slow.
  • redkimono
    Options
    You definitely can, but it takes longer. If you can just fit in a couple of walks a week you'll keep the scale moving down faster. If not it's OK, just be sure to stick to your calorie goals and eat whole, healthy foods. You're doing great!!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    YES!! I am a 15 yr yo-yo dieter...and most of those wt loss years I did not exercise...trying to lose anywhere from 30-50 lbs. the results, flab! now, I am finding it harder to tone.

If you can exercise....DO!! you cannot FIND time, you have to MAKE time!!

1. physical activity helps burn more calories by increasing your metabolism...burn more calories all day long.
    2. can help break thru a plateau.
    3. improves mood. releases chemical in brain called endorphins....gives you an overall feeling of well being. may help with depression.
    4. reduces risk for several diseases ~ heart disease, high blood pressure, breast cancer, osteoporosis and colon cancer.
    5. and the best one ~ reshapes your body!! tones you and makes you SMALLER!!