Sauna Suit....Should I?

Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So I was wondering if anyone has ever used these? If so, pros and cons? Are they worth it? Looking into getting one since I know that they make you sweat more...hence burning more fat. Please let me know. Thanks!

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Be REALLY careful with those things. You can easily get heat stroke, and all that sweating more will do (as far as I know) is dehydrate you so you'll see a lower number on the scale; you won't actually burn fat...hence the reason they're so popular with wrestlers who are trying to "make weight".
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Only time I've heard of them being used is for fighters and wrestlers that want to make weight. They put the weight right back on after weigh in...you lose all water as far as I know. I wouldn't do it.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    NO NO NO. Sweating more doesn't make you burn more fat. It just means you lose water weight and possibly die. If those are your goals, then go for it.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    You raise your internal body temp, makes you sweat more, you lose water weight, which you SHOULD put right back on during or after the workout to rehydrate yourself. I've read some research saying it helps remove toxins and such from your body equalling weight loss that's not water weight, but I don't have any experience with anything like that. I used a steam room and sauna to loosen up muscles and relax after a long work out. I don't think it'd be something I'd do everyday for a workout or to lose weight.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    These things have been almost universally condemned by fitness and medical authorities for at least 30 years.

It's like "zombie fitness" -- they just won't die.
This discussion has been closed.