Back To Basics Again

Options
Hey everyone! Well, new year new start and a born-again MFPer. I deleted my old account to have a fresh clean slate with MFP and to also meet new people who will help and support me on this journey.

My name is Claire. I'm 29 and born and raised in NYC.

Life has always been a struggle so I can sympathize with each and every person out there that is trying to lose weight and get fit.

My goals are to lose 40lbs. I have no set time schedule in which I want to lose this weight, however, if i can lose a pound a week, well then in 40 weeks i will have reached my goal.

I'm all about eating the right foods (I guess you can call it clean eating) and I like to stay active. I am trying to reincorporate strength training in my regimen.

This is most important that I stay on track since I also finally kicked the habit of smoking cigarettes. It's been pretty easy so far and the only craving I have is the hand to mouth association. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing thus far.

Well....I can sit here and ramble on and on, but I look forward to this journey and getting to know some kick-*kitten* people along the way! :)

Replies

• 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I feel a bit the same - have been here before with some success, but the past 1-2 years everything has gone wrong. Looking to lose 20-25 lbs in a healthy way. Slow is fine - I find it tough to average more than 2-3 lbs per month.

Oh, and I'm Amber, 33 in California :)