Craving sweetness in the evening

Options
I couldn't care less about chocolate/sweets during the day, but after dinner i'm fighting the urges to dip into the chocolate stash.
Can anyone offer a low calorie sweet alternative? I'd probably have a coke zero, if it wasn't for the caffeine content.

Replies

• bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have never been a sweet person but sometimes lately my body wants something sweet.

I have found that cool whip (i usually go with the fat free kind) is an awesome thing.

2 tablespoons is only 20 calories and its usually enough to get my craving to pass.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    A cup of Chocolatey Mint Tea (President's Choice) with a little splash of almond milk and sugar/sweetener/honey usually does the trick for me! In fact, I am drinking one right now.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    fruit and greek yogurt?
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I normally have a square of dark chocolate (70 cals) assuming I have room for it. Last night I had 13 dark chocolate chips because that's what I had calories for ;)

Chocolate chips are great because even if you only have a few calories left over for the night you can always fit in a few chips. Eat one at a time and let it melt completely in your mouth. They really help with the cravings and I don't blow my calories for the day. Try it ;)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I normally have a square of dark chocolate (70 cals) assuming I have room for it. Last night I had 13 dark chocolate chips because that's what I had calories for ;)

Chocolate chips are great because even if you only have a few calories left over for the night you can always fit in a few chips. Eat one at a time and let it melt completely in your mouth. They really help with the cravings and I don't blow my calories for the day. Try it ;)

This. I have a square or two of Lindt Sea Salt Dark Chocolate in the evenings, it satisfies the sugar cravings and dark chocolate is good for you!