300 workout..Want a challenge??

Options
Ok, I stole this workout from Craig Ballantyne, I've tried this, it seriously kicked my a**, If you're not at this level of fitness yet, cut it in half or try the next workout below, make it 150 instead of 300. The 300 stands for the amount of repetitions you'll have completed. I did this in 26 minutes, Craig did it in 19..Kudos, it's tough.

a) Pullups - 25 reps

b) Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50 reps, I couldn't manage that weight, I did it with 105lbs, i'm slowly working my way up, I can deadlift 175 but not 50x's!!!!

c) Pushups - 50 reps

d) 24-inch Box jumps - 50 reps

e) Floor wipers - 50 reps, you have your deadlift bar on the ground, lying underneath it, press the bar straight up above you, now swing both your legs in the air, bring the legs first to the left side of you (hitting the obliques) center and then to the right.

f) Single-arm Clean-and-Press with 36lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps I used a 20lb bell, and it's 25 each arm.

g) Pullups - 25 reps
All exercises are done without scheduled rest between moves. Obviously this is an advanced workout...you shouldn't do it unless you are already in great shape.

Fortunately, this can all easily be adapted. Appropriate exercises can be subbed in: Drop down to 150 total reps, or 4-6 exercises of 15-25 reps each. For example, you might try this workout, great for a guy/gal with moderate fitness:

15 bodyweight rows

25 bodyweight squats

15 pushups

50 jumping jacks

20 mountain climbers

10 close grip pushups

15 bodyweight rows

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    sorry, to be a party poop :huh: dose not sound fun:grumble: but dose work:laugh: i would do that if you could put that together on a fun to do dvd like tae bo
  • totalimageguy
    totalimageguy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ok I will give it a try, I follow Craig Ballantyne & Tom Venuto on Facebook
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I don't know too many who can do pull ups (especially ladies, especially 25!!)! or even 135 lb dead lifts! ... and 24" box jumps...
    This is an ELITE workout!
    I crossfit 3x/wk and can 1 x max rep maybe 150 lb deadlift ( just did 75 lb 21-15-9 reps, could've gone heavier, but had to kettlebell swing 16 kg 21-15-9 after, so needed my energy!), still cannot pull up (but ring rows or jumping pulls are wonderful replacements!) and 24" box jumps are dependent on how much you can deadlift! If you are strong through your hip flexors, you will jump 24", but 50 is pretty insane!

OMG - I wouldn't do this unless I was tip-top!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    ok is reading it a workout
    everytime I do a workout like this I puke about 5min into it then after I'm rid of all the bagage it turns out to be one the best workouts.
    I haven't done one in about a year.

I fine it best if you have someone or two to train, We used to have 4 or 5 guys from the ship and we would bet to see who was going to blow first.

Thanks for reminding me of the workout I'll have to throw down the gaunlet.

it is a hard core workout but you can make adjustments to fit your level
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    ok is reading it a workout
    everytime I do a workout like this I puke about 5min into it then after I'm rid of all the bagage it turns out to be one the best workouts.
    I haven't done one in about a year.

I fine it best if you have someone or two to train, We used to have 4 or 5 guys from the ship and we would bet to see who was going to blow first.

Thanks for reminding me of the workout I'll have to throw down the gaunlet.

it is a hard core workout but you can make adjustments to fit your level

I'm a puker too, throw up in the garbage can, and right back on the floor, countless times!! lol....and for the poster that said it wasn't fun, it is for some of us...those of us who enjoy a challenge, to see how much we can put our bodies through. To me, chalean and tae bo a la Billy banks..not fun, and not a workout for me, because they don't challenge me, and it's very repetitive. i don't do the same workout more then 2x's a week...but for someone else it's fantastic..I gave variations to fit others fitness levels as well, cut it in half, drop the weight, fit it to your level, and mojo, I know lots of women, who can pump out 25 pullups, unassisted, like it's nothing. It can be done. I will admit I did cater this one more to the men, because that's usually who I train with, women tend to be very whiny and completely unmotivated when it comes down to a serious kick a** workout. Take from it what you will, and modify the rest, even if that means you have to do assisted pull ups, it works, mind you i'd rather have a hunky guy assisting me at the bar holding my feet! lol :laugh:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a lot of fun, but I think I will finish my first time through P90X before I even attempt this.
  • imagymrat
    Options
    24 minutes 58 seconds, today..I was energetic!! I did have to do the last 25 pullups with a two little rests in between..I was just pooped by the end of it.....next one is on Wednesday, i'll try to beat it again.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Sounds intense :)

Contrary to popular belief you don't have to be watching a dvd to do the exercises :P

Do you do the floor wipers with the 105lb DL weight? I know I can DL a hell of a lot more than I can press and thinking that could be an issue with this for me.

I'll give this a go on Wednesday or Friday I think :)
  • imagymrat
    Options
    Sounds intense :)

Contrary to popular belief you don't have to be watching a dvd to do the exercises :P

Do you do the floor wipers with the 105lb DL weight? I know I can DL a hell of a lot more than I can press and thinking that could be an issue with this for me.

I'll give this a go on Wednesday or Friday I think :)

If the deadlift weight is too heavy to keep up then just have a lower weight barbell handy, this way you also leave room to improve!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Ive actually done this one when I was with my trainer. Didnt use the specified weights,or the last set of pullups because of time constraints (we had under 30 mins), but it was a really good workout,especially the box jumps! A guy at my gym did 500 and vomitted in the training area,lol,it is a hardcore workout, but really great :)