George Foreman chicken breast too dry

Options
I made chicken breasts on the George Foreman. They were extremely dry. Any ideas or hints on how to make them without being so dry? Also any recipes for the George Foreman highly appreciated.

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Don't cook them as long

I don't tend to use the Foreman for chicken because there isn't a temperature control on mine
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    use cutlets or pound them thinner. Mine doesn't have a temperature control either. and make sure you use a marinade of some kind, I've found that to help with moisture.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Probably too long cooking it. If not try a few sprays of spray oil on it and that should help without adding too many cals to it.
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    Don't cook them as long

I don't tend to use the Foreman for chicken because there isn't a temperature control on mine

This.

I have never had luck with our Foreman. Everything seems to be over cooked on the outside or undercooked on the inside.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    We have a George Foreman but barely use it. Maybe if you marinated the breasts for a while that would help. I use a lot of breast meat but I also like boneless skinless thighs. I like the flavor better and I don't think the fat content is that much higher. Just my preference. :bigsmile:
  • stephcbms
    stephcbms Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You cooked them a little to long. Or try pounding them thinner or make them into chicken strips. :) I love my GFG especially in the winter time. Hope this helps.
  • ldarlener
    ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My favorite is thigh also. Breasts were on sale.
  • Mgawlik1
    Options
    I have found that cooking chicken properly (whether from grille, or GFG) is to cook it partially on grille and then finish in a 400 deg oven to better control temp and allow for juicy chicken. Better for reheating as well.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Don't cook them as long
    This....
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I get roasting bags and cook them in the oven. They come out nice and juicy and still full of flavour! Yum!
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I get roasting bags and cook them in the oven. They come out nice and juicy and still full of flavour! Yum!

I've done this with turkey but never chicken. What a great idea!
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    place onions and peppers on them and wrap up in aluminum foil... they will cook in their juices as well as get some delicious flavoring
  • Aes37850
    Options
    Cut into the breasts (not all the way through) equal lengths apart. Put them in a plastic bag, toss in some marinade (I use light italian dressing, 10 cals per T) put in the fridge for about 15 mins then try it that way! I think it gives everything (steaks and chicken) more flavor without overpowering it. Slicing it thinner would also help. But I find marinating and cooking just a serving size (4oz), that my chicken isn't dry and I usually use a skillet. I find it a pain to clean the foreman.

Good luck!
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I never had luck with my George Foreman and donated it to Goodwill. I thought it was a pain to clean, too. I think chicken is more moist if you pan cook it with a lid on to trap the moisture or bake it.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have a George Foreman grill with removable plates and temperature control. I've never had an issue with how it cooks and use it often. You might have cooked the chicken too long.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 1/2 lbs. of chicken a day and cook on the foreman when it is to cold out to grill and have never had chicken under or over cooked..... We have the 5 plate interchangeable foreman and we heat it to med-hi setting and put the chicken on for 7 minutes normally that hits a internal temp of 165. Very seldom do we need to leave them on any longer than that.... When we pull them they will continue to cook a little bit while they are sitting b4 we eat so they always turn out great for us... Best of Luck
  • sonytomtp
    sonytomtp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just cut the breast up or slice it to make it all the same thickness.
    Did some on my George Foreman today and it was lovely.
  • DrLainey
    DrLainey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Make a liquid marinade, and marinate your chicken breasts over night. This should make them much more moist.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I made chicken breasts on the George Foreman. They were extremely dry. Any ideas or hints on how to make them without being so dry? Also any recipes for the George Foreman highly appreciated.

wrap it in bacon first, or oil, or butter, or bacon grease, I vote bacon. Or cutting into strips first, though the bacon option tastes the best
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I cut them up into strips and pan fry a little bit then finish in the foreman. I mainly pan fry my chicken anyways so it can keep it's juices. Chicken needs those. I use the foreman more for greasy things like burgers, hotdogs, and bacon.