Paleo Diet

Options
Just wanted to see if there are any Paleo dieters here. I just recently started it a few days ago and have already seen changes. I am a pescatarian (only eat fish - no other meat) and love cutting out all that processed garbage.

If you're on it, how's it going for you?

http://thepaleodiet.com/about-the-paleo-diet/

Replies

• redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I just started today! So far so good. LOL.

I planned ahead and made egg muffins for breakfast this morning. They were yummy and super easy. I usually eat at my desk (2.5+ hours after wakeup) and having something already prepared that I could eat at home before walking the dog (within 1 hour of wakeup) was really nice! I think that alone is going to be a big improvement.

I think the hardest part is going to be staying prepared and cooking and packing my work lunches and snacks.

Todays breakfast was egg muffin and coffee (with almond milk), mid morning snack was another egg muffin and an orange, lunch is a big salad with chicken, not sure what i am doing for afternoon snack or dinner yet.
    I need to plan better tomorrow.
  • Jamiemyers28
    Jamiemyers28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did a paleo challenge last Feb., I lost 12.8 lbs. in 28 days. There are numerous cookbooks out there. A friend of mine just got the book...Cave women don't get fat. You may want to try that.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I started last week and it has ok...my challanges so far have been making sure I get enough calroies (havnt completly let go of counting yet) and figuring out snacking...its hard when your go to's used to be grains or sugars
  • OTTB3005
    OTTB3005 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I made the Paleo Mayo yesterday. It was the most fun I've had cooking anything - sad I know! LOL

It turned out GREAT! I use it in my Tuna salad with 1/2 cup onions, S&P and Trader Joe's Organic pickle relish. Nom Nom!

Here's the method I used to make it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBeyEPlHPkk

I'll prob only make 1/2 the recipe next time.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've been Paleo for a few months now, and I love it! I was really strict the first month, then I started adding some things back in, like dairy (I guess I'm really more Primal now, because I do eat quite a bit of dairy). I saw some really great changes the first few months. I'm down almost 40 pounds, and I feel so much healthier!!! It's a great lifestyle, not a "diet" at all :) Plus, I get to enjoy bacon regularly and seafood all the time :D haha
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am going to make paleo creamer tonight so I can cut out the almond milk and if I have time I am cooking up a big batch of red cabbage, peppers and sausage. I also have a spaghetti squash and some chicken breasts to cook up for the week. I won't get home until almost 10 tonight though.

Paleo Mayo sounds fun too!
  • OTTB3005
    Options
    I am going to make paleo creamer tonight so I can cut out the almond milk and if I have time I am cooking up a big batch of red cabbage, peppers and sausage. I also have a spaghetti squash and some chicken breasts to cook up for the week. I won't get home until almost 10 tonight though.

Paleo Mayo sounds fun too!

Almond milk is acceptable though. It's just almonds and water. Are you trying to cut out nuts?

What recipe are you going to use for the creamer?
  • handyrunner
    Options
    i consider myself more primal too since i am still keeping the dairy..though as time goes by and i adjust more to this style..i may cut that out...not that there is a lot of it now
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Go to the Primal/Paleo support group. I am happy to talk about my experiences there. Oh, btw, as a "diet" it's a fail, as a permanent lifestyle it's a complete WIN.

One bit of advice: don't avoid healthy fats. Eat lots.
  • laughingladyb
    laughingladyb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been reading lots about the Paleo diets and working at cutting grains out of my diet. I have read nothing but good stuff about it! Will be incorporating it into my new way of thinking about eating!
  • handyrunner
    Options
    Go to the Primal/Paleo support group. I am happy to talk about my experiences there. Oh, btw, as a "diet" it's a fail, as a permanent lifestyle it's a complete WIN.

One bit of advice: don't avoid healthy fats. Eat lots.
    out of curisoity do you follow a more primal or more paleo path?
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider joining the MFP paleo group forum

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    I'm just starting my research on it .
  • chasefab
    chasefab Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Couple of weeks now and the biggest for me was giving up the whey. But trading that for whole foods is waaay better it just takes a little more planning.
  • keryia
    keryia Posts: 2
    Options
    Been Paleo for a few months now. I try very hard to make my own stuff, during the summer I did a lot of canning in order to get rid of things in my diet. However my biggest struggle is breakfast. I don't have a lot of time in the morning but need something.
  • handyrunner
    Options
    Been Paleo for a few months now. I try very hard to make my own stuff, during the summer I did a lot of canning in order to get rid of things in my diet. However my biggest struggle is breakfast. I don't have a lot of time in the morning but need something.
    Im sorry i dont have the book title right now since im at work...but there is a cook book out there that suggests ideas for creating in bulk for the whole week.. ill get the title this evening
  • OTTB3005
    Options
    Thank you Fruittibiscott! I didnt know this area existed on My FItness Pal existed (I'm a newbie to this site)
  • dppage
    dppage Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going with paleo as well since it is low-carb for my diabetes and gluten-free for my thyroid disease.
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Anyone do paleo but still do whey protien after lifting? Do you think it helps or hurts?
  • keryia
    keryia Posts: 2
    Options
    Interesting, I have a auto-immune disorder and part of that is thyroid problems, I've gone Paleo in order to help my body as much as possible and to try and prevent diabetes as the doctor has indicated that that could be the next part of the disorder for me.....I am just interested in that we seem to be sort of similar in our body and trying to help the problem with the same eating style.