I just wanted to introduce myself .....

Options
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say that!

I've been meaning to write this for some time, but I just haven't had the chance.

I really want to do it this time. I've lost weight in the past and have gained more on top of what I've initially lost with interest. However, strangely for the first time ever in my life I actually feel fat, something I've never felt before even though I've been the weight I am now, before.

Diets I've tried and the success I've had:

1) Low fat eating - no success

2) Weight Watchers - lost 6lbs

3) Slimming World - no success

4) Rosemary Conley - lost about 1.5 stones (21lbs) - my favourite of all the slimming clubs

5) Atkins - lost 14lbs (only tried it for two weeks) - I'm not a big meat eater (only chicken) as such and rarely eat fish (once per week)

6) Cambridge Diet - lost about 28lbs in total (was on it sporadically for 2 years - it messed me up psychologically and I'll never touch the product again, gained about 60lbs

High protein, low fat + exercise - 66lbs - 18 months and the best I ever felt even though I didn't get down to the smallest I've ever been.

So the latter is my plan of action. Looking back I really didn't appreciate how wonderful it was to be so fit, the weight loss was a huge bonus, but the fitness was my goal and what a really gift! I got myself to a pretty good fitness level for someone of my size at the time.

I am currently devoting all my mental energy to studying at the moment, but my exams end soon and I will be devoted to this as I want my fitness and smaller figure back.

I'm also determined to meet my weight goal of 12-Stones (168 lbs / 76kg). I am at this moment 320 lbs -I am soooo very embarrassed and ashamed to say this out loud :-( as it demonstrates how far I've fallen. As I say, I have felt FAT and incapable for the first time in my life, and I feel hideous and ashamed to the extent I find it hard to go out and be seen in public just in case I see someone I know, as I imagine them looking at me and thinking how bad I look (I know that says more about me than it would them!).

An incident with a friend has really invigorated me to get this journey done. I went to visit a friend the other day and she had her friend there and the minute she saw me, she tried to get me to become one of those Body by Vi sellers. I was so angry at her hard sell as I went to see my pal, but she has already suckered her in. This woman suggested I take a shake (even though I'm personally dead against those diets now) to try as it was so wonderful tasting. I tried it when I got home and it tasted equally as bad as the CD shakes :-). I'm a little displeased with my friend too as she didn't seem to stop her mate's hard-sell (and also because Body by Vi ISN'T how she lost weight).

Right now I'm making small tiny tiny changes before 'normal service' resumes post-exams.

I'm missing out on life and may be feeling attractive enough/confident to meet and marry a man.

I hope I can garner some support and make new friends here?

Thanks for listening ... x