polar ft4 HRM vs Fitbit

Options
I have 2 questions:

first, does a HRM work better than the fitness calorie calculation from MFP? and second, which is better a polar or fitbit? Thanks!

Replies

• _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    HRM is specific to you and is a more accurate reflection of calories burned. I have a Polar Ft4. I think a fitbit tracks your entire day's calories, right?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Polar 4 should be better for a steady state of cardio, while fitbit is designed for every day activities.

Both should be better than MVP, though remember these are 100% accurate either.

Polar4 you have to subtract the calories from daily functions after your cardio to get a true guesstimate of calories burned, while Fitbit(I'm not 100% sure) I think does that for you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    2 separate functions...........

A FitBit is a fancy pedometer that tracks your steps & guages your activity level for the day. Many people are motivated to move more when they have a FitBit. A FitBit is worn 24/7.

A HRM is designed to calculate calories for steady state cardio workouts. This is more accurate for workouts because your heart rate is used to guage your exertion level. These should be worn during workouts only.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...i am just looking for accuracy of burned exercise calories. I am not really concerned about how many steps I take throughout the day. Polar it is!