Finding myself!

Post-menopausal, hypothyroid, type 2, obese diabetic seeks healthier, more youthful self!

I know I'm in in here somewhere, buried beneath 80 lbs of a self-created, yet unwanted shield.

I have made many changes in the past few years, including starting college at 50. I completed my AA degree in teaching, and am currently working on a bachelor's degree. I'm looking forward to starting a new career when others are thinking about retiring. One of my goals is to be fit and healthy enough to keep up with a classroom full of middle school students. They will definitely keep me on my toes!

My biggest goal is to be able to enjoy my retirement years, even if I keep working long past retirement age. My husband and grown children are so healthy and active, and I want to be able to keep up with them, as well as any grandchildren that may come my way.

My short-term goal is to lose about 50 lbs before my daughter's September wedding. I know she loves me just the way I am, but I don't want to be the biggest person in all of the wedding pictures.

I think this website will be a great tool to help me achieve those goals.