Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

netting bmr with exercise & how much to eat on rest days

Hi all!

I lost 15lbs last year but from eating my BMR and working out everyday... and of course, I gained it back (plus 5) and messed up my metabolism. I've been eating to TDEE the past few months to get my body in a good place again and am starting over the right way now.

I am just confused on how many calories to eat if I want to lose 1lb a week. I exercise 5x a week and burn 500-600 cals each time, but otherwise have a desk job. If I set my calorie goal to 2000 (I got that TDEE number using this calc: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced), this would bring me at or below my BMR on workout days (which is 1500). Is this so bad to do? I feel great and have plenty of energy and am not hungry so I dont feel like I am doing anything bad. And should I eat the same or a little less on rest days? I am not my weighing myself so I dont get obsessive and am going to stick to measurements, but I guess I am scared at the end of the month from eating this way I am not going to have lost anything!

Any guidance would be great :)

Replies