Updated calorie limit

summerblunden
summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hmm, so I just updated my fitness profile based on my weight loss so far. it lowered my calorie intake to 1200 calories from 1300. Now 100 calories less isn't a big deal, my only issue is I know it will NEVER go below that. I still have 62 lbs to go. So I'm worried that in a few months, I'll plateau, and not be able to lower my calories any more (not that I WANT to eat less than 1200). What do you think I should do? Stick with my 1300 until I start to see a leveling off in weight? I do NOT eat my exercise calories (personal preference, don't try and convince me otherwise please.) I've had a 1-2lb loss a week, consistently, for the past 40 days.

Replies

• neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    i'd stay with 1300 cal if it was me. anything less than that is going on starvation. you gotta give your body enough fuel. good luck. we're all in this boat together and the load is getting lighter..:happy: :laugh:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hmm, so I just updated my fitness profile based on my weight loss so far. it lowered my calorie intake to 1200 calories from 1300. Now 100 calories less isn't a big deal, my only issue is I know it will NEVER go below that. I still have 62 lbs to go. So I'm worried that in a few months, I'll plateau, and not be able to lower my calories any more (not that I WANT to eat less than 1200). What do you think I should do? Stick with my 1300 until I start to see a leveling off in weight? I do NOT eat my exercise calories (personal preference, don't try and convince me otherwise please.) I've had a 1-2lb loss a week, consistently, for the past 40 days.

Summer, stick with your 1300 calories until you find one week nothing comes off in either weight or measurements, then down it to 1200 and then, if you find after a few months, your weight loss starts to slow or stop and your measurements stop decreasing, stick in another exercise session, that is always what I do when that happens and it has never failed me yet.

I started off this weight loss plan exercising on my treadmill just twice per week, once the weight loss slowed I added in a third, then after a few weeks, I added in a fourth session, but it was a long walk outside. This week I added a fifth long walk and the weight is coming off a treat, this has happened over a period of 14 weeks.

I never used to eat my exercise calories, now I may go into them by 100 calories, I am loathe to eat more than that, in fact, I don't like going into them at all.

xxx
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    If it isn't broke, don't fix it! Stick with what is working. If you plateau you can shake things up then.

Great job!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    I agree Summer. Don't go below 1300. A calorie goal below that just doesn't seem safe to me. You're still going to do great!
This discussion has been closed.