Chocolate...

kinzieplatt
kinzieplatt Posts: 81 Member
What do you eat when you NEED something chocolate? I'll have the occasional fun sized kit kat, but I'm looking to cut out even that. any suggestions/easy recipes?

Kinzie

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    I eat chocolate when I need chocolate.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I don't eat much milk chocolate anymore...but I eat dark chocolate quite frequently. Dark chocolate is packed with nutrients.
  • kinzieplatt
    kinzieplatt Posts: 81 Member
    I don't eat much milk chocolate anymore...but I eat dark chocolate quite frequently. Dark chocolate is packed with nutrients.

that sounds like an awesome reason to eat chocolate!
  • FindMyInnerAthlete
    FindMyInnerAthlete Posts: 61 Member
    I eat dark chocolate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I eat chocolate, lol. I love the 100 calories bars from Trader Joe's.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Chocolate, milk or dark, small portions.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    I eat 3 squares of very dark (like 88%) Endangered Species Chocolate or two squares of Ghiradelli Midnight.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I make a chocolate mug cake. This is my recipe:

2 tbsp Chocolate Protein Powder
    2 tbsp Almond Flour
    1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
    1/4 cup Applesauce
    1/2 tsp Baking Powder
    Pinch of Salt

I usually make a big batch of the dry ingredients so I don't have to haul all the ingredients out every time. Anyways, I mix it all up in a mug and microwave it on high for 1 minute. Let it cool and enjoy. It's not the same as having a real cake, but it's still really yummy and I get some protein. I hate protein shakes, but I had bought a big container or protein powder when I first gave them a try. So this really came about as a way to use that up. But now I just really love it!
  • ohemgeewhiz
    ohemgeewhiz Posts: 2 Member
    Sometimes I'll go for a hot chocolate or eat some dark chocolate with sea salt if it is a really bad craving. I'll have a small piece or 2 with some low-fat milk & that helps me not eat a bunch at a time.

These are also amazing & healthy (but I haven't figured out how many calories they have yet): http://www.mynewroots.org/site/2011/04/the-raw-brownie-2/
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    What I do is take a multi vitamin and cut it up into like twenty little pieces. I then place those pieces inside of Snickers Minis. I am then taking my vitamins and its all good.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    I eat two squares of Lindt 90%.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE a diced apple, one tablespoon of natural peanut butter and one square of lindt chopped. Soooo good.
  • BaoCat
    BaoCat Posts: 42
    Since I've been doing low carb, I found some dark chocolate bars at the organic store that are sweetened with Stevia. I also will add unsweetened cocoa to things, then add my own sweetener. There's a few SF chocolate treats I enjoy - if it's chocolate + coconut I'm in heaven. The atkins 'chocolate peanut candies' are pretty good if you're a peanut M&M fan.

I always try and keep SOMETHING like that in my desk because the urge hits me worst in the afternoon, when folks are often having afternoon noshes.

I'm a firm believer it doesn't do any good to be in complete denial that I love chocolate. It seems to work best to nudge that in a direction that fits my lifestyle now. And I'm happy with playing with recipes - SF low carb coconut macaroons are quite yummy, especially with a little stevia sweetened chocolate drizzled on top!
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    I eat eather

1 Turtle from Nestle -> 90kcal
    2 pieces of Lindt Exellence - Orange Intense Extra Fine Dark Chocolate -> 96kcal

Love it!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Dark Chocolate is my solution too. I buy very good quality dark chocolate (80% +) especially good when I can find it in chocolate button form, couple of buttons and the chocolate need is sorted...

OR new one discovered over Christmas... someone bought me truffles which are ridiculously expensive! A tiny box of truffles has never lasted me so long! lol
    x
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Sea salt and turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds from Trader Joe's, also their espresso pillows (found in canisters by the register) are good. I can eat just a few and I'm satisfied. Edy's slow churned chocolate ice cream. Turkey Hill's whoopie pie is amaaaaazing, but not lower cal. Oh, this is in Recipes. Never mind, that means I'd have to bake something.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Why would you want to cut chocolate out of your diet? Don't be loca in the cabeza chica, a life without chocolate is no way to live.

I love chocolate anything, but I have very limited willpower when it comes to some of my favorites like Godiva or Ghirardelli so I rarely buy the bars. I am NOT one of those "freeze it and eat like two squares" people.

A quick chocolate fix for me is taking a cup of Jello sugar free mousse temptations in dark chocolate, crushing up a mini heath bar and sprinkling it to the top and topping the entire thing off with two tbsp of sugar free whipped topping. It's pretty good and satisfies the craving well enough and only comes out to 122 calories and 6 grams of fat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I just have whatever I'm craving. If I want a candy bar that's what I have. Usually though I want chocolate ice cream.

When I was losing and my calorie goal was smaller I ate a lot of those mini york peppermint patties-- 150 calories for 3.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Oh, Candi_land just reminded me, Snack Pack sugar free chocolate pudding is really good. Not the fat free, that tastes watered down to me, but the sugar free tastes more like dark chocolate, and you can lick the inside of the container without cutting your tongue. :drinker:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    I like Cadburys Options hot chocolate 40 cals. However, I also like proper chocolate so I just fit it in!
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    I do cocoa flavored almonds for my chocolate fix. I'f I'm really on a roll I have a banana with them. Just like a Banana Split!