Lose 35 lbs eating only McDonald's

Options
Science teacher lost 35 pounds in 90 days eating ONLY at McDonald's. This interesting video points out what we all know on here - you can lose weight if you stay within certain caloric and nutritional guidelines (even if what you're eating is from McDonald's). It's all about the choices we make!

This guy stayed under 2,000 calories a day and chose options that were as close to daily recommended amounts of carbs, fats, and protein as possible. No, he didn't only eat dry salads - he had burgers, fries, ice cream... you name it! But he balanced those options with things like oatmeal, salad, egg whites, etc. He also went on a walk each day. After 90 days, his cholesterol was significantly lowered and he could finally see his feet again!

I'm not suggesting that anyone go on a McDonald's diet or saying that this experiment should be continued long term - just pointing out that if fast food is an occasional necessity, there are clearly doable options that we can choose from. And everyone complaining that McDonald's makes people fat needs to realize that people and parents are, in fact, capable of making their own, healthier, choices.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/health/2014/01/04/dnt-teacher-eats-only-mcdonalds-for-90-days.kcci.html

(Although who knows what this guy was eating before his experiment - just found it an interesting study!)

Replies

• tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70lbs and I haven't cooked in almost 10 years, we eat out every night. For breakfast I have simple foods such as yogurt, toast with peanut butter, fruit, etc... Lunch - maybe a sandwich with low carb bread, or a bagged salad and for dinner - rotisserie chicken, salad from Wendy's, cheeseburger, slice of pizza, etc... My drinks are always non carb (water, unsweetened tea, etc). So I do believe as long as you watch your calories, carbs, whatever it is you need to personally watch for YOU, you can lose weight :)