fat burners?

luvz2bfitMOM
luvz2bfitMOM Posts: 48
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
is there anyone who is taking fat burners and is working for them? i need a good one and want to know what is out there that has worked for you?? interested in knowing what has worked for people. thanks!

Replies

• crasula
    crasula Posts: 53 Member
    Hi, not sure if you're talking about fat burners in a natural sense or as supplements but from a natural sense i have a friend who is heavily into body building and he swears that eating some of the following foods have really helped him lean up. Obviously he's eating these along side a weight training programme but i don't believe it's necessary judging from the fact that these foods have also been proven to boost the metabolism which is in fact why they are burning the fat quicker;

Chilli pepper groups (Jalapeno, habaneros, and cayenne, scotch bonnet) Hot spicy foods in general too.

Green tea is also massively linked to aiding fat burning (i only ever drink this now, about 5 cups a day).

Skimmed milk. The calcium has fat reduction properties.

Bean (pulses and wholegrain products and oatmeal in general also have complex carbs which aid in the process).

Eggs are also said to have fat burning properties when eaten in moderation. I believe it's the B12 which actually aids in the destuction of fat cells.

Lean meats - Chicken/pork/turkey and beef. Must be lean.

Salmon/sardines and tuna are also in this group as the omega 3 helps reduce leptin levels which then helps you burn calories faster.

There are others out there but these are ones i tend to focus on together with using olive oil to cook with.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Fat burners don't work. I've tried many in the past. The only thing I take now is Fuzion by Nutrishop as a pre-workout drink mix that has caffeine in it. I follow a 1700 calorie diet and exercise 6 days a week. That is my fat burner.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    The truth is that although various foods and supplement have a temporary effect of increasing the metabolism (as does caffiene) the effect is minimal. We're talking less than a couple hundred calories a week, less really.

You'll get more benefit by adding an extra 5 or 10 minutes a day onto your regular workout or by taking the stairs instead of the elevator, and those solutions are free.
  • I have checked into them and they are full of caffeine, I went into nutroshop the first question he asked me was do you mind being jittery?
    A good multivitamin can actually help you loose weight, my chiropractor gave me something to try it is bascially aloe vera juice and collagen. http://nodiet.com/ she said it works great with no side effects and is safe to take.
  • thanks you guys for all your responses!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Green tea is also massively linked to aiding fat burning (i only ever drink this now, about 5 cups a day).

The most I can do of green tea (Lipton) is two cups. Still gotta get the zzzz's.
This discussion has been closed.