Modeling questions

i have a new interest in modeling. not really in the sense that i would like to become a model, but just curious about how things work when they hire people.
i'm not super tall about 5'6''. i know that generally the measurements wanted for models are around a 24 inch waist and 34 inch hips, but thats for girls who are at least 5'9''. so if someone my height wanted to become a model, would they have to have even lower measurements than that? so that their proportions are the same as the taller girls?

Replies

• SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    You can model regardless of your height and size. Agencies, on the other hand, may have specific requirements. Start yourself a ModelMayhem profile and you'll start finding work quickly enough!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Wants to model...

Profile picture is of rabbits....
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Wants to model...

Profile picture is of rabbits....

This.
    You make for one smexy rabbit, though.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    You can model regardless of your height and size. Agencies, on the other hand, may have specific requirements. Start yourself a ModelMayhem profile and you'll start finding work quickly enough!
    ^^This. That's how I got started.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    I'm also 5'6'' and I do have some modeling experience so perhaps I can help :flowerforyou: My waist/hip measurement is 22/34 and I seemed to be just fine like that. Like Decadence said, agencies will have specific looks they hire but there are always independent gigs you can pick up. Just please be careful, there are a lot of not so pleasant people out there looking to take advantage of young, inexperienced ladies.