Easily Swayed.... distracted...

Options
I have been logging my food, and so far have lost 4lbs. Does anyone else have a hard time when other friends or colleagues give advice etc... I have had 2 co workers tell me how great this celebrity trainer is... I have seen results with the coworkers they look thinner , but its pricey? How do you work with MFP? Is this your only way of tracking or do you do other programs with this. Just curious, I am feeling like I am missing something??

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I use this program to log what I eat only

I try mixing things up in my workout routines to never get bored.

I like to go on fitnessblender or just youtube something random for a 30min cardio session
    when I go to the gym I delicate the training to whatever body part I am particularly angry at that day (no cardio all lifting...woo!)
    sometimes I will just walk home from work (10km)

I track my workouts on a different app called fitocracy, you get points for working out and you get to level up (i am a nerd)
  • DrTeeBee
    DrTeeBee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to track my food and exercise. I did fall of the wagon, and gained some back. But net loss is still positive.

The only scientifically proven way to lose weight is to burn more calories than one takes in. Friends on celebrity diets are probably running a calorie deficit. But they are paying for some fancy supplement (that usually doesn't do anything) or a DVD or book or something. The ones that work have commonsense information that you can get for free, from this website or elsewhere.

Slow and steady wins the race here. Track food, don't over eat, perhaps exercise (even if you don't track it!) and you'll see results that will last (this is what the science says).

I am using Microsoft Health Vault to track my blood sugar (I am pre-diabetic, which is why I am here). I never thought to look for workouts on youtube, but that's something I will try. But I think MFP is a pretty complete package for tracking nutritional information--the database is huge, and I don't need any other apps (except the MFP app for my phone, of course).
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    So helpful, thanks!
    I use MFP to track my food and exercise. I did fall of the wagon, and gained some back. But net loss is still positive.

The only scientifically proven way to lose weight is to burn more calories than one takes in. Friends on celebrity diets are probably running a calorie deficit. But they are paying for some fancy supplement (that usually doesn't do anything) or a DVD or book or something. The ones that work have commonsense information that you can get for free, from this website or elsewhere.

Slow and steady wins the race here. Track food, don't over eat, perhaps exercise (even if you don't track it!) and you'll see results that will last (this is what the science says).

I am using Microsoft Health Vault to track my blood sugar (I am pre-diabetic, which is why I am here). I never thought to look for workouts on youtube, but that's something I will try. But I think MFP is a pretty complete package for tracking nutritional information--the database is huge, and I don't need any other apps (except the MFP app for my phone, of course).
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    I use this program to log what I eat only

I try mixing things up in my workout routines to never get bored.

I like to go on fitnessblender or just youtube something random for a 30min cardio session
    when I go to the gym I delicate the training to whatever body part I am particularly angry at that day (no cardio all lifting...woo!)
    sometimes I will just walk home from work (10km)

I track my workouts on a different app called fitocracy, you get points for working out and you get to level up (i am a nerd)
    thanks so much!