Detox Water... Do they help?

Options
Hello everyone..

Hope that you are all having a wonderful day!!!
I see so many pictures and/or recipes for Detox water... They honestly look really good!!!! But I am wondering.. do they really serve any purpose? Has anyone tried them and what kind of results did you see and/or notice.

I wanted to be more consistent with drinking water and if adding something to it.. helps.. then I am willing to give it a shot.

Thanks guys and have a wonderful afternoon~

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If you want to add something to your water, then go for it. But it's not going to do anything like "detox" you. Your body already does that quite well. If it doesn't then stuff in your water is not going to help one bit.

Don't fall for things that claim to "detox" or "cleanse" your body. They are not based on science.

I do sometimes add a bit of fruit or something to my water for a "treat". Sometimes plain old water day after day gets boring lol.
  • DrTeeBee
    DrTeeBee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Like athijade said, it won't do much good. You'll part with your cash, but these detox claims are wholly ungrounded in science. They're scams.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Hello everyone..

Hope that you are all having a wonderful day!!!
    I see so many pictures and/or recipes for Detox water... They honestly look really good!!!! But I am wondering.. do they really serve any purpose? Has anyone tried them and what kind of results did you see and/or notice.

I wanted to be more consistent with drinking water and if adding something to it.. helps.. then I am willing to give it a shot.

Thanks guys and have a wonderful afternoon~

Thanks for wishing us a wonderful day!!!

But it's not going to do anything. I'm sorry. Save your money and just eat healthier and work out more. Drinking more water is great. Just add some lemon or something to it if you want a little flavor.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Howdy!

Tap water is much cheaper and plenty fine for me (most of the time... sometimes the water in some places tastes terrible.)

No detox water necessary, as others have said.

Save your money for stuff you want to eat! :smile:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think the purpose they serve is to get people to pay more $$ for something they dont need.

unless you have medical issues, your kidneys, liver skin do a fantastic job detoxing you. you dont need to go on a special dit or drink a special liquid for that
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you want to add something to your water, then go for it. But it's not going to do anything like "detox" you. Your body already does that quite well. If it doesn't then stuff in your water is not going to help one bit.

Don't fall for things that claim to "detox" or "cleanse" your body. They are not based on science.

I do sometimes add a bit of fruit or something to my water for a "treat". Sometimes plain old water day after day gets boring lol.
    ^This exactly. If you think it looks tasty to add some cucumber or fresh fruit to water, then go for it. Definitely stay away from anything you have to pay for.
  • lynnsmilin
    lynnsmilin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought.. but I do love cucumber and lemon in my water :smile: because man after about 80oz of water I am like.. yeah.... give me something sweet... lol

Hope you all had a fabulous day and that you were good to yourselves!!! :smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yes
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of Detox Water.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Cucumber water? Hmmm, I'll have to think on that one for awhile :noway:
  • wizkklx
    wizkklx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Speaking of having no grounds in science: "You should drink 8 glasses of water/day."

If you want to add lemon (love love love) or cucumber for variety or because you don't like the taste of water, great. But if you are doing it because you just can't stand the thought of having MORE water - don't have more water. Unless you are in a very cold environment that can mask your thirst your body should have no problems letting you know if you need water or not.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
  • lynnsmilin
    lynnsmilin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Speaking of having no grounds in science: "You should drink 8 glasses of water/day."

If you want to add lemon (love love love) or cucumber for variety or because you don't like the taste of water, great. But if you are doing it because you just can't stand the thought of having MORE water - don't have more water. Unless you are in a very cold environment that can mask your thirst your body should have no problems letting you know if you need water or not.

I have no problems drinking water. I am one of those people that just happens to drink a lot. So no.. have no issues drinking water. I love water just like to add variety to it now and then :smile:
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i made the jillian michaels detox water, was supposed to help with digestion, but it was too acidic for me. my boyfriend felt like it helped

distilled water
    lemon juice
    cranberry juice
    dandelion tea

http://www.ehow.com/how_4663459_jillian-michaels-detox-water.html
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Thanks for providing this link.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. Your pee and poo do a good job already.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    If you think they'll taste good then by all means go for it. Just don't be under any illusion that its doing anything other than water would be (except adding some excess calories with the ingredients).