Sweating for the Wedding!

Options
I am new to this and figured I would introduce myself! It is going to be an exciting year for me and I am hoping I can get some support through my weight loss adventure. I also hope I can help anybody that is in need of a little support to push through it! I love reading and talking about health and can't wait to see my results when i hit my goal!!!

Replies

• Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Add me, we'll go through this together!
  • Hi!! My name is Jordan, and I am also looking forward to an exciting year! I am getting married in 6 months! My goal is to lose 58lbs (pretty steep, I know) and I recently just switched to a vegan diet. I work out using the T25 program through BeachBody. I don't have many friends that use this program, so any new friends, especially female, would be great!
  • DeeC01
    DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married this year as well so feel free to add me for mutual support - the countdown s on!!!!
  • Future_Mrs_Philipp
    Future_Mrs_Philipp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wanted to start early enough so I don't stress myself out... but lately I have really been in the mood to get up early and go to the gym before work!
  • soadorable
    Options
    I'm also on here to get healthy and look great at my wedding. One of my wedding fears is that I'm going to look like the State Puff Marshmallow Man standing at the alter. With this, walking on all my breaks and working out after work I am really hoping to lose at least 60lbs. It's a big number and I'm kinda scared I won't make it.
  • Future_Mrs_Philipp
    Future_Mrs_Philipp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are going to look fabulous! Don't think of it as a big number... set mini goals! We will do this together!
  • kateacaulfield
    Options
    Hi Jordan - I'm also getting married in six months, and would love to be in shape for my wedding. I don't have a ton of friends on MFP (mostly use it to just track calories and workouts), but I would love to friend someone who's going through the whole pre-wedding craziness and knows how rough it can be!

-Kate
  • jenhartzog77
    Options
    Hi...I'm new too. I too am newly engaged and want to lose some weight to be a beautiful bride. Have not set a date yet but all the same I need to get with it.lol Any new friends would be great. I'm new to forums also. My app on my phone is as far as I got.lol
  • mdichica
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat! I'm getting married in December and would love to feel better about myself for the wedding. I haven't really checked out the boards before and thus haven't made any friends (that sounds awful lol), but I'd love to be friends with some ladies that are motivated to be fit and healthy for their weddings and beyond!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I just bought a workout T-shirt that says "sweating for the wedding" and I'm happy to see this post! I'm getting married in (hopefully) October 2014, otherwise it's May 2015, to my fiance Jacob. Regardless, I will be getting my engagement photos done later in the year, around August, and I've been losing weight but I'm really holding myself accountable now that I know I need to be dress & photo ready! It's intimidating but it's a great goal!

Feel free to add me!

Note: I do follow 1100-1200 calories per day under the approval of a doctor (I'm not able to workout as much because I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, so I get to compensate with this kind of a calorie deficit--the excess weight is bad for my weak joints, so the doctor wants it off and has used his medical expertise to determine this method is safe for me). Please do not undertake this unless you also have doctor approval. I eat 1200 calories worth of veggies, fruits, and other good things. I'm never starving. On the days I am able to workout, I'm getting about 1400, so I just want to warn anyone who will be looking at my diary for ideas. I get messages from current friends all the time asking me to eat more, so just a heads up. :)
  • ishkabob
    ishkabob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :) i'm getting married in just under 8 months and am trying to lose 24lbs before the big day. I really want to feel confident and beautiful in my dress! if anyone wants to add me, we can all cheer each other along! x
  • JustineDianaD
    JustineDianaD Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm not getting married (I'm already happily married for 4+ years) but I'm going to be a bridesmaid in September and that is my new motiviation to get fit! So in a way I'm sweating for a wedding!
    Feel free to add me if you want some support & encouragement!
  • kli2705
    Options
    Hi, I am also getting married in about 18 months and looking at all these itty bitty wedding dresses is my real motivation this year. I don't have a particular ideal weight in mind, but I'm looking at losing nearly half my body mass! Feel free to add me for extra support!

Good luck x
  • erigby8
    erigby8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in a bit less than 9 months. My entire life I've been struggling with my weight going up and down. The up's are too easy to reach and the down's are easy enough with the right motivation, but never seem to last very long. I know my body well enough, and it's capabilities, to know what my measurements are at different weights and how difficult it is to get to those weights.

This is incredibly helpful since I found a dress that I fell in LOVE with online in my "I've been working out" measurements, and promptly ordered it. In a fit of self-realization/ sanity I also found the same exact dress in my "what I am right now" measurements and snapped that up. (They were both at a DEEP discount, I'm not some sort of oil baroness with gobs of cash.)

I'd LOVE to have some support in staying motivated on my fitness and diet (not just for the wedding, but for the whole life I have to live after that one day). I want so very much to fit into the smaller dress, without becoming stressed about it (which is why I have the backup plan dress, just in case).
  • k_c100
    k_c100 Posts: 5
    Options
    Its great to hear from so many other brides to be - my wedding is in August this year so I am on the bandwagon with you ladies! Got nearly 40lbs to lose to hit my target and 4.4 lbs have gone so far (since Thursday) so fingers crossed I can maintain this kind of motivation!

I bought my dress in September 2013 when I was about a stone lighter (14lbs) and its a sample dress which means its a UK size 14 so no ordering a different size for me, there are no excuses I have to get into it! Its a very fitted figure hugging dress too so need to channel my inner Kim K for this dress, not my inner hippo :happy: Going to get alterations done end of May/early June so I've set that as my target date to be slimmed down, I dont want to be panicking after the fitting trying to get more weight off.

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss, I'm sure you will all look amazing on your wedding day :happy:
  • KarmieG
    KarmieG Posts: 15
    Options
    Congratulations to all you brides and those already married! I will be attending 3 and probably more weddings this year and need to lose 60+ pounds to reach my goal. I am currently doing boot camps and soccer to help get me wedding ready. Feel free to add me. I will be posting workout tips and ideas, daily motivations, and any advice to help us all look our best. Good luck and again, congratulations!
  • nikkincs
    nikkincs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd love some motivation. I am getting married October 18 of this year. I am actually picking up my dress on Sunday - so excited! I know it fits as is but its a little lumpy in the tummy area and I would love for my arms to look sculpted. I've got about 10-15 pounds to lose so I know it is going to be tough! Hopefully this forum will help keep me on track!
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am not getting married. I've been married 11+ years, but I am going to be a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding. The wedding is coming up in May and I am hoping to drop 25-30lbs before the wedding.
  • Elizasdaughterbbg
    Elizasdaughterbbg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm also getting married this year but I only have 3 months to go now! eek!
    This is really helpful to keep an eye on your weight, I hit my current weight about 3 months ago and haven't shifted anymore, probably as I'm down to an average of 1200 kcals a day and I don't think I can take it down any more.
    If anyone has any bright ideas as to how to shift those last two pounds it'd be great to hear them. My only idea to hit the gym another day more.
    xx
  • itsgoaltime
    Options
    Sweating for the wedding, too!! I'll add you girls!