just joined slimming world tonight..

Options
Hello :D

So I've just come back from my first ever slimming world meeting, went really well, couldn't believe how many people there were there!! Almost 70! I'm currently at 140lbs and wanting to get down to 119lbs, (I'm 5ft 3) which seams do-able right?
I'm interested in any slimming world recipes that you could recommend, and also I would like to hear your success stories by doing it the slimming world way, and what 'plan' you followed :)

-thanks

Amy

Replies

• Jaytee84
    Jaytee84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am joining this week, will send you a friend request if that's ok
  • banziiwarrior
    Options
    Look for chicken meals, I particularly like, chicken breast in a oven proof dish, fill the dish with diet coke, diet lemon etc (yes diet drinks) until it covers the chicken, for around 40-60 minutes, then enjoy vanilla, lemon chicken etc. I kid you not it is free on some days and really tasty. Enjoy and good luck.
  • banziiwarrior
    Options
    oops, and cook on around 180-200 depending on your oven (fan assisted etc)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    5' 3.5" myself, If I were 140 right now I would be over the moon. I wish you well in what your are trying to achieve. If your body refuses to go that far, please stay healthy.

Health is everything
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I did it once around 11 years ago. It was red days vs green days back then. Don't know what it is now. On red days you could eat as much meat as you want. On green days, it was beans, vegs etc. You couldn't mix both foods together (well, on a green day for instance, you could have a teeny weeny piece of meat etc)

Lots of people chose the red days so they could have a fry-up for breakfast - bacon, eggs etc - they said their friends wondered how they said they could be on a diet - yet, these people lost tonnes of weight (they couldn't have upteen slices of toast obviously on a red day).

I don't like meat so much so I was stuck with green days and got fed-up of baked beans. I must say, it did work and I did no exercise back then.

However, the group leader, a lovely lady, who had been doing it for over 20 years (she said), was larger than life :noway: She wasn't a great ambassador for SW.
  • laceandbits
    Options
    Excellent diet concept and the SW extra easy was much less hassle than weight watchers points counting, although my daughter finds she needs the extra discipline that ww gives.

Can't get to mine as I am away too often at the moment and it is just too expensive if I can only get to one meeting in three, but now I have the knowledge to follow the concepts of what I can and shouldn't eat.

The main changes I needed to make was to cut out butter (which I love) and chocolate (which I can happily eat several hundred calories a day). Once they were out of my diet, by default I ate less bread (without butter? Yuk.) and potato (ditto). Apart from those I was often eating more and DH initially thought I was wasting my money, until the weight started to go. I always chose 1lb a week for my goal, and most weeks got at least that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!