H2Oh dear

Options
124»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Hot and warm water count too - I've started alternating my mug of coffee with a mug of plain water from the kettle when I'm at work
    Coffee also counts. So does tea. So does essentially anything that isn't saltwater or higher than 80 proof.
    Doesn't work that way for everyone.
    Um, yes it does. The human body operates the same way for everyone. You drink fluid or eat food, the body extracts water from it for hydration.
  • klowry026
    Options
    I have a Soda Stream which makes 1 liter. I make 1 liter of carbonated water in the bottle and bring it to work. I try to finish that by lunch and then refill with filtered water for the afternoon for 2 liters at work every day! The Soda Stream could also be a good way to start reducing soda intake. Good luck!
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like to drink mine from one of the Hospital cups that I've got around the house. 64OZ and you can see where you're at. Plus it doesn't sweat on me! I only drink water now as well. I cut out coffee and soda at the beginning of the year. After my red bull (yeah I know its bad for me) in the AM for the caffeine, I drink water all day. I tend to feel bad if I don't get enough.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hot and warm water count too - I've started alternating my mug of coffee with a mug of plain water from the kettle when I'm at work
    Coffee also counts. So does tea. So does essentially anything that isn't saltwater or higher than 80 proof.
    Doesn't work that way for everyone.
    Um, yes it does. The human body operates the same way for everyone. You drink fluid or eat food, the body extracts water from it for hydration.
    It depends which part she's referring to. Alcohol lower than 80 proof can certainly dehydrate you.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I add a little flavor, and workout hard enough to sweat puddles, so I need to replace regardless of the lack of taste..
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I carry a water bottle with me wherever I go. I like the Contigo Madison bottle - spill proof, operates with one hand, goes in the dishwasher. I have one that holds 24oz and one for 32oz. contigo-1l-water-bottle-autoseal-madison-blue.jpg

My own general rule is two cups of water down before first cup of coffee. If I start drinking coffee right away, I'll nurse that sucker all morning and by noon, coffee is gone and I haven't had any straight water. :tongue: Helps me out.

I drink less in winter because it's not as hot out and I need less. And while I don't count my other liquids and beverages consumed as water (coffee, tea, etc), I do log them in my diary, and see them as overall fluid intake.

But my real test is pee color. If it's dark yellow, I need more water! If it's pale to clear, I'm good.

But taking a water bottle with me helps a lot - always in the car, with me in the house, work, etc.

Edited to add: You can find them online at their website, or Amazon, and Costco, OSH and Target have some of the various types in-store.

Very good advice above. The only thing I would change is to have several quart sized water bottles around. I keep one next to the bed, one at my desk, one in the kitches, another in the basement gym and when it isn't freezing out one in the car.
    Nalgene-backpacking-water-bottle.jpg
    In order to combat "water boredom" I do purchase the following:
    1000x1000.jpg
    The packets are made for a 12oz serving (10cals), but putting it into a quart goes a lot further. I personally prefer it this diluted. Putting that much in just 12oz makes my teeth hurt.