alot less weight lost this week???

clarkecolin
clarkecolin Posts: 34 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,

I only started using this website about two weeks ago. I lost 4.85lbs last week and only 1.23lbs this week.

My history:-

I run 3-4 times a week, during the week 6 mile runs (870 calories) and a long run at the weekend. I have been keeping a good track of my calories and intake has been a maximum of 1500 calories a day, saving 1000 calories dailey.

Yesterday I ran 20 miles & burned 2900 calories but my weight loss was a hell of a lot less than last week.

Some day after I've had a run I might have bured 1000 calories & still only eaten 1500, therefore I have 2000 calories unused as such...am I loosing too many calories weekly or is weight loss better some weeks than others.

I did treat myself to a chineese this week & a chocolate treat or two but was still well below my calorie intake.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for the essay & thanks in advance.

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    weight loss will vary per week - at least for me =)

5wks ago - 2lbs
    4wks ago - 5lbs
    Previous week 2lbs
    Last week I lost 3lbs
    This week I lost 1lb
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Check your sodium intake...if it was too high, you could be retaining water. Chinese food is know for having tons of sodium.
  • bettejeanb
    bettejeanb Posts: 14 Member
    Wt loss is a strange thing. You cannot calculate exactly what you eat minus exercise. First of all, you are probably active in your daily activities more some days which contributes . Be patient and persistent. One day seems like you exercise so hard and nothing comes off. But keep it up. It will show up on the scale eventually. The mistake people make is that once they don't see that dramatic weight loss they give. up. Believe me I've been there. And drink lots of water. It does help. I hate it sometimes and love it others. But drink before you are really thirsty. I can' drink 96 oz a day!! I just try to think "water" all day and drink when I can/. It will help in the weight loss though. Also will help to keep you from wanting the food. (Sometimes) Patience is a virtue!!!! Keep up the exercise but don't make it punishment. And eat as sensibly as possible. Curb the sweets, bad fats. Keep the diet simple, Not alot of processed foods. That's it. Sounds like you are doing OK!

Good luck to you.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    I am definitely not an expert, so having said that - here is what I have learned recently. I have been really working hard at losing weight since June 25th. I walk approximately 4 -5 miles per day at a pretty fast clip with my dog Willow. I lost 18 pounds during the first 1 1/2 months. Since then the weight loss has decreased. I joined this website about 16 days ago, and have lost between 4 - 6 lbs (I got a new scale so it threw me off a little). What I have noticed about myself is that if I don't change out my type of exercise and the intensity and add some strength training in there, I slow down. Also, monitoring carefully sodium, protein intake, and carbohydrates as well as calories really helps - I had no idea that some foods contain such high amounts of sodium and that sodium can have such an effect on the system and how food/exercise is processed. The most important thing that I've learned is that the weight is the least important element of concern in this equation. More o importantly is that I am living a healthier lifestyle with added exercise and better nutrition - the weight will decrease as the body's metabolism is reset - and I simply have to maintain the healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life. While it is really nice to see the numbers on the scale go down - and it can be a real bummer when they go up even a little bit, it is not the end of the world. Living a healthier life, allowing me to be here to see my grandchildren grow up and have children of their own - to be able to enjoy life to it's fullest - those are the most important things.

Please feel free to friend me - and I will provide support and encouragement.

Blessings

Vickie
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    You're not eating enough. You're making your weight stall.
  • clarkecolin
    clarkecolin Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply.
This discussion has been closed.