5'8-6'1 lady success stories?

Options
I am 6'0 tall with extremely long legs and a short torso. I am curious to see if anyone as success stories with the same body frame as me!

Replies

• squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Jealous of your extremely long legs! I am 5'8" with normal leg length. I'm not a success yet but so far have gone from HW: 174 to CW: 154 with a GW: of 135. I am eager to follow this thread! Us taller ladies tend to lose weight a little differently than the petite gals I think.
  • Future_Mrs_Philipp
    Future_Mrs_Philipp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My SW is 190 and my goal is 160. I totally agree that taller ladies lose weight differently. Everyone keeps telling me that i don't need to lost weight, but they aren't seeing what I see when I look in the mirror!!
  • supergirl222
    Options
    Hello also short torso looooong legs :). I am 5'8". Running and spinning is were I started then slimmed out cardio and now focusing mostly on weights and cross fit. The weights is what really changed my body, really want bigger glutes. I always had a horrible back and because of weights i now am able to see definition and have slimmed down a lot. I will continue to increase my weights and work on getting even more definition...
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9.5 with long legs as well.
    Starting Weight: 263
    Current weight:182
    Lowest Weight (Pre-depo provera): 155
    Goal weight:160

Not a success YET. I got down to 155 three summers ago and I was happiest there but I got tons crap from my family telling me I was "too skinny" so I gained 5lbs and they left me alone for a while and I was happy there, too.
    I'm hoping to get to 160 again but It is much harder this time after Depo and a hormone disorder. I've been off of it for over two years but I still can't lose the weight it made me put on.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with long legs and a short torso. I went from 202 to 136. At first, I set my goal to be 152, but I hit that benchmark and decided to lose more. I've hovered 135 (-/+ 5 lbs) for about the past two years now.
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Or perhaps progress story? :)

Height: 5'11" (and all leg, runs in the family!! :P)
    SW: 210
    CW: 162
    GW: 150

I have been fat all my life. I was fed up with myself and started losing weight using MFP (was featured somewhere) as a senior in high school, graduated 2012. Lost 46lbs, got down to 166 between February and September. Gained gradually all the way up to 174lbs until I rejoined MFP for good recently :D and have surpassed my lowest weight! Yay!

Before pictures:
    before1.jpg
    before2-1.jpg
    before3-1.jpg

During pictures: (I finally got gutsy enough to take my first shirtless progress pictures...)
    after3.jpg
    after2.jpg
    after1.jpg

(edited trying to resize lol not good at this)
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I started losing at 240 after being 145-150 when I finished high school. I'm currently at 167 and shooting for 150-155 (which is a 21-22%-ish body fat for me). My profile pic is at about 160 pounds, taken last year.

I have been logging on a different site for a long time now but I switched over to MFP a couple weeks ago. The community here seems to be a lot more active and (usually) nicer.
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and all legs as well! Haha I started out at 255 and I'm now down to 195. I've still got a ways to go but I completely understand what your talking about and hopefully within the next 6-8 months I'll be a success story :)
  • LilyVictoria14
    Options
    Following!
    I am just starting MFP again. I am 5'11" with a large frame and a short torso.
    I'd like to have some tall friends, so feel free to add me :-)
  • CokerShelby
    Options
    5'8 ALL LEGS... Pre baby weight 125. My weight now 175... I totally understand what you mean.
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    5'8" equally torso and leg proportioned! I started at at least 250lbs. That's the point I stopped stepping on the scale. I currently as of this morning weigh 177.5lbs. My goal is 150-160lbs I think we will see where I end up!
  • tgibson0014
    tgibson0014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Who has ever heard, "You're tall. You can carry it."? My response is "just because I can, doesn't mean I want to!" Can anyone relate? :)
  • MariaOLeary
    MariaOLeary Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ha! love the "you can carry it line". I might be able to carry it but don't want to buy clothes to cover it!!!

5'9, with weight right now at 181 hoping to get down to 155/160.

Age is a factor too, ladies. Dare I say the other side of 40 hasn't been pretty and as I approach 50, I am determined to get the defined tummy and toned arms/back/legs that I once took for granted.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2 (yes, every little bit counts!). Also long legs and a short torso. Starting was 167. GW is 145, although, 140 would be even better!!
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 11. Short torso, long legs. SW 211. CW 177 goal is 150. I need tall friends add if inte9rested !!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 w/ longer torso. SW right after babies was about 200, CW 155, GW 135.
  • loselast85
    Options
    That's exactly what people tell me too. "You don't need to lose any weight" But yes I do...I'm 5' 11" and cw 190 my goal is to get around 145-160 depending on how my body looks after I've gotten to those goals.
  • sc193usa
    sc193usa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11". So close to being at goal! SW 175-180, CW 143, GW 140. I was aiming for 145, but still had some problem areas, so I'm going for 140 and assume I'll maintain around 143. (I have a tiny frame, I realize my goals are on the low end.) Next I'm planing on doing a body recomp and working on finding maintenance. If in the process I gain a few pounds but lose inches, that's fine by me! :smile:

Being tall does have it's own issues with weight loss. It takes a lot for a gain to be noticed, but also takes a lot for loss too! I think I was down about 20 pounds before anyone noticed. I'm actually a bit worried about finding clothes now. It was hard enough in the larger sizes, but now that I'm in smaller sizes nothing seems to be long enough !
  • michelleintx
    michelleintx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and don't know yet what my goal is. Lowest I remember being is 203. Just can't make it to Onederland. This is my time!
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It was hard enough in the larger sizes, but now that I'm in smaller sizes nothing seems to be long enough !

I've really liked buying Miss Me jeans. They come in both tall and extra tall inseams. At 5'10" they actually have some pairs that are too long for me by a couple inches. Now if they were just a little cheaper...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!