food commercials annoying

Options
Does anyone else find food commercials annoying. It seems like there's always a commercial about food. And it makes me whant to eat

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Netflix.

Commercial free.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself. Adverts falsely represent! Has your McDonalds ever looked anything like it does on the box?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This is why I read books and download all my TV :D. That and all ads just *kitten* me.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    No TV in our house. Netflix or books.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. How can I be expected to exert any modicum of self control???
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I do know what you mean...it seems that I can't turn on the t.v. without there being some kind of food commercial...and God help me when my hubby wants to watch the Food Channel...ahh its maddening...I just have to quickly get up and find something else to do...I typically come here and browse the boards and that helps me stay motivated...or I will do laundry or housework or what not...if its just a commercial and its gone in a second I just remind myself that nothing ever looks as pretty as its displayed and truthfully I'm always let down with the flavor of most foods advertised.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    read about the food industry. if you're ANYTHING like me It will turn you off the stuff. try reading about pink slime.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Um....
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself. Adverts falsely represent! Has your McDonalds ever looked anything like it does on the box?
    You are so right! Looks so juicy and yummy on tv and when you get it, whole different story.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I don't mind seeing them. It reminds me of how many calories that I used to consume when I was eating some of that food. They actually help me make wiser choices and to cook some similar meals with just a fraction of the calories.
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You are so right! Looks so juicy and yummy on tv and when you get it, whole different story.

yes this is so true but it does look good on tv lol
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    To be honest, ads pushing WW and Jenny Craig annoy me more.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

Add to that list Medifast and NutriSystem. I just want to scream "how are you learning good eating habits if you have to have someone else tell you want and when to eat while paying them exorbitant prices for bad tasting processed food and the priviledge of not thinking for yourself?"

Oh, I love MFP. :heart:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Add to that list Medifast and NutriSystem. I just want to scream "how are you learning good eating habits if you have to have someone else tell you want and when to eat while paying them exorbitant prices for bad tasting processed food and the priviledge of not thinking for yourself?"

Oh, I love MFP. :heart:

This! I personally love food ads... it helps me decide what I may want to eat. :bigsmile: