Do I look like my body fat percentage??

Options
So today marks the beginning of my fitness journey. I got married 6 months ago, and was in pretty good shape at 5'5 and 130. But in the past 6 months, I guess I have gotten too comfortable, because my weight has shot up to 150. Which is a lot for such a short amount of time. Anyway, I decided to begin my "slim down, tone up" with a full set of body measurements. One of these included having my body fat tested. And while I knew I had gained some weight, I wasn't prepared for my result.. I was calipered by a professional and got a 34.8%. I had simply assumed I had gained weight.. but instead, I have not only gained weight but replaced some of my previous muscle with fat :( I am quite discouraged but highly motivated now to say the least! Anyway, I was just looking online and trying to figure out if I am actually 35% bodyfat, since I know sometimes results can be incorrect. But... I'm feeling like it was most likely correct. Anyway.. I attached photos and am hoping someone can let me know if it looks like my measurement was correct! I don't really care, it won't hurt my feelings or anything, I just want to make sure I have a solid set of initial measurements to calculate my improvements against. Thanks in advance!!

bf5qg8.jpg

oshlx0.jpg

Replies

• greengnome1977
    greengnome1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was down to 17% body fat and then had my second child, and now I'm at 35% and beginning the journey back to pre-pregnancy weight (and body fat too!). My body looks very similar to yours so I would say, yes :) Good luck!